The EPC offers a 403(b)(9) defined contribution retirement plan to eligible employees and ministers. Similar to a 401(k), a 403(b)(9) provides for individual participant investment accounts that can be used to invest funds on a tax-deferred basis to be withdrawn during retirement. A unique feature of a 403(b)(9) is that ordained ministers may allocate a portion of their retirement withdrawals to tax-exempt housing allowance, subject to IRS limits. When requesting your retirement withdrawal, please indicate to Fidelity you are a pastor.
An Adoption Agreement must be on file with the EPC General Assembly Office for all EPC churches. This is required for qualified employees to participate in the EPC Retirement Plan. Employer churches must submit a printed copy since an original signature is required (may fax a copy to 734-742-2034). Click here for the Adoption Agreement form.
Retirement Planning Information from Fidelity
The EPC Retirement Plan utilizes Fidelity Investments to provide and maintain a wide variety of investment options. Participants may review those investment options, adjust their allocations and check on the performance of those investments by logging onto Fidelity NetBenefits.
Participants have access to their account information through Fidelity's toll-free number (1-800-343-0860) and through Fidelity netbenefits.com.
To access your investment information, check transactions and request status information, you must first register at Fidelity netbenefits.com.
Additional Fidelity Communications:
Asset Allocation - What is it and why is it so important to your future?
Information requiring Retirement Planning and Freedom Funds.
EPC Board of Benefits - Retirement Plan
Statement of Investment: Policies and Objectives adopted 2-25-2006
Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Document: You may download, view or print the most up-to-date version of the EPC Defined Contribution Retirement Plan document by clicking here.
Click here for the 2010 Retirement Plan Amendment.
Click here for the Nov 2011 Retirement Plan Amendment.
- Fidelity Account Application, Beneficiary Designation and Salary Reduction & Termination Forms:
- Click here for the Fidelity Account Application
- Click here for the Fidelity Beneficiary Form.
- Click here for the Salary Reduction Agreement & Termination Form (please return this form to YOUR PAYROLL DEPARTMENT.
- Click here for the Fidelity Investments Option Guide (November 2013)
- Give your completed forms to a church administrator or authorized person to approve.
- Church Administrators: To enroll a qualified participant, the participant completes the Account Application & Beneficiary Designation forms (submit to the Office of the General Assembly, not to Fidelity). Should a qualified participant wish to have money withheld from their salary on a regular basis, it is necessary for them to complete the Salary Reduction Agreement form and submit it to their PAYROLL department. Should the participant wish, at a later time, to stop their salary reduction, they must sign the Termination Clause form located at the bottom of the Salary Reduction form and likewise forward to the PAYROLL department. Once enrolled, participants may update their information by logging onto Fidelity netBenefits or calling 800-343-0860.
The content of this web site does not constitute expert legal or financial advice. Every individual should seek qualified professional advice when making investment, tax and other financial planning decisions.