Children's and Family Ministry Curriculum
The Children’s Catechism is a tough, durable workbook for memorizing 150 of the most important passages in Scripture. Some verses are as short as a few words; other verses will take some work. All 150 are categorized into theological sub-headings such as Jesus Christ, the Sacraments, Salvation, Heaven etc.
Included right in the book are stickers that go with each question, color-coded to coincide with the sections. Whenever a child memorizes a verse, he or she gets to take a sticker from the back and put it on the space provided, demonstrating that the verse has been committed to memory.
Children Desiring God exists to equip the body of Christ to spread to the next generations a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ. Our aim is to impart to children a vision of God, who He is, and who we are in relation to Him, and to establish them with a foundation of doctrine and truth. We want them biblically grounded, seeing God as the hero of every story, with a God-centered world view and a faith that will hold them when the days of testing come
The EPC's Christian Education & Publications Committee commends Pioneer Clubs programs. Their Pioneering, Exploring(large group), and Discovery (small church/small group) programs contain application-oriented inductive Bible study, Scripture memory, life skills development, and an emphasis on discipleship and outreach.
Follow Pioneer Clubs on Facebook.
Subscribe to Pioneer Clubs Leadership eNewsletter with tips, insights, and encouragement for your children's ministry.
The culture we live in is greatly influencing our children's moral behavior and development -- the vast majority of Christian kids today have no spiritual foundation. Fun and games are fine, but as the research indicates, we've raised a generation of children who have missed out on essential Bible training. When the world comes calling, many are falling prey to dubious activities and deceptive philosophies -- and they are walking away from their faith.
Discipleland provides Biblical resources that transform children around the world into dynamic disciples of Jesus Christ—kids who know God intimately, love Him passionately, and serve Him selflessly.
Family Time materials from FamiliesAlive® are designed to help parents with an age old problem. How can our family have a consistent and meaningful time together studying God's word and worshipping the Lord? What we offer is a unique package designed to encourage families to regularly have a family time that stimulates discussion and learning. Most of all, it helps encourage parents and their children in their relationship with the Lord. Developed by a pastor and two schoolteachers, here is a fun and creative approach that everyone will enjoy.
The EPC’s Christian Education & Publications Committee commends Red Card: Standing Against Oppression, Providing Hope—an 8-week family-oriented curriculum on children at risk. This dynamic new series equips families to speak out, intercede and take action on behalf of the 1.2 billion children at risk around the world. It was written by one of our own EPC World Outreach missionaries, Tami Snowden, and delicately with discretion, covers tough issues such as poverty, orphans, street kids, child laborers, children of war and HIV/AIDS. Lessons include videos, simulations, family processing time, prayer, at-home activities, and practical steps for involvement. Scripture is woven through each lesson and helps participants gain a biblical perspective on God’s heart for children at risk and our mandate to respond.
The EPC has recommended several Christian Education curricula to its congregations.
Curriculum written from a distinctly Reformed perspective
- Faith Alive Christian Resources (LiFE, Walk With Me, Kid Connection)
- Great Commission Publications
- Reformation Press (Based on David C. Cook's Bible in Life)
Curriculum related to the Westminster Catechisms
- Children's Ministries International
- Kids' Quest! Catechism Club. Great Commission Publications - based on First Catechism, an updated version of the original Catechism for Young Children.
- Children's Catechism: Order from the Office of the General Assembly
Curriculum with a commitment to the authority of God's Word without presenting a particular Reformed perspective
Children's and Family Ministry Curriculum Surveys
Children's and Family Ministry Resources
- International Children's Ministry Network - The mission of INCM is to train, motivate, encourage, network and resource Christian leaders who minister to children.
- Raising Unselfish Children In a Self-absorbed World - Child expert Jill Rigby reveals the dangers of the self-esteem parenting philosophy and offers an alternative approach that teaches children to respect both themselves and others.
- Raising Respectful Children In a Disrespectful World -Whether equipping parents to raise responsible children, encouraging the education of the heart, or training executives in effective communication skills, Jill Rigby's definition of manners remains the same -- an attitude of the heart that is self-giving, not self-serving.