EPC Opportunity List
Updated January 26, 2015
|Interim/Stated Supply Pastor|
|Office of the General Assembly|
|Outside the EPC|
ATTICA-WILLIAMSPORT EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (AWEPC), ATTICA, IN – is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who will be responsible for providing day-to-day pastoral duties for a rural, 70 member congregation. Qualifications they are looking for are not limited to, but include the following priorities:
- A helpful counselor in cases of crisis or conflict
- A compassionate and caring person, sensitive to others’ needs
- Helps people develop their spiritual life
- Maintains confidentiality
- Cultivates a close, devotional relationship with God
- Mature and emotionally secure
- Encourages leadership and relates faith to daily life
- Makes pastoral calls on people in hospitals and nursing homes and those confined to their homes
- Continues to develop his/her theological and biblical skills.
The AWEPC is a beautiful, historic church settled in a small, welcoming community on the serene banks of the Wabash River between Lafayette, IN and Danville, IL. The church is nearly 200 years old and embraces the history and tradition established in that time. As a church newly transitioned to the EPC (about 6 years), this is their first pastoral search through the EPC denomination.
They look forward to showing you how much this rural community has to offer. Highlights of this dynamic and charming area include:
- local hospital and medical clinics
- highly rated, close-knit school districts
- abundant local retail and entertainment venues
- low crime rate
- close proximity to breathtaking state parks and scenic sights
- hard-working folks eager to do their best
- nearby interstate access
- short distance to major metropolitan areas offering additional cultural, educational, sports, shopping and entertainment activities
You are welcome to browse their website at www.atticapres.org. Please direct your PIF, with cover letter, to
or by mail to Attica-Williamsport Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 300 E. Main Street, Attica, IN 47918, ATTN: Danielle Tanner, PNC Chair.
BICKLETON EVANGELICAL COMMUNITY CHURCH (BECC), BICKLETON, WA - is praying for a full-time Pastor for their 70-member congregation and they are excited to see who the Lord will send them. Their church is the only church in this small, rural agriculturally-based community and has thrived for over 100 years due to the prayers, love for God’s Word and servant hearts of God’s people in Bickleton.
The town is a thriving community on a high plateau and experiences four very distinct and beautiful seasons of the year, along with opportunities for fishing, hunting and other outdoor pursuits. They are actually called the “Bluebird Capitol” of the world due to the beautiful mountain bluebirds who arrive for spring and summer nesting. Their K–12 school population is around 100 students and the school maintains an excellent and rigorous academic curriculum. Nearly all graduates pursue higher education and do very well in their chosen careers. Though they are a remote and very small community, Bickleton offers a variety of activities and one can be very involved in the local museum, fraternal organizations, the pioneer association and the school parent group among other groups.
It is important that their pastor enjoy fellowshipping with those who are part of the church body as well as those in the community who do not attend worship, and be willing to visit and encourage all, especially those who are ill, bereaved or shut-in. BECC maintains a strong youth group, Sunday school, Vacation Bible School and has a vital women’s organization. They encourage small groups and Bible studies and welcome all to participate. BECC’s mission is to win others to faith in Christ and to nurture the faith of those who know Him as Savior. They need a shepherd to come alongside them and walk with them in that mission, always encouraging faithfulness and leadership within the church body as they seek to live out their faith and reach out to others. It is their prayer that their pastor will love God’s Word in its entirety, believe it to be divinely inspired, love their Sunday worship service making it a high priority saturated with prayer, music and the preaching of the Word. Their pastor must be constantly seeking to grow in the faith and consider it vital to encourage others to find an ever-deepening faith in Jesus Christ.
See more about BECC at www.bickletonpres.embarqspace.com. If you are being called to this position, e-mail your PIF and cover letter to the Pastor Search Committee Chairman, Tom Whitmore, at or by mail to Tom Whitmore, PO Box 166, Bickleton, WA 99322.
BISHOPVILLE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, BISHOPVILLE, SC – this 133-member church is seeking a full-time Pastor who is ordained or working toward ordination in the EPC and will faithfully preach the Word of God in the power of the Holy Spirit. The pastor must be able to demonstrate effective leadership and management skills that will lead them to deeper, richer, more meaningful relationships with each other and the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as they seek to carry out the Great Commission in His name. For more information regarding the pastor's duties and responsibilities, view the complete position description.
Bishopville Presbyterian has been highly visible on Main Street in their rural, farming community for the past 176 years. Its Norman towers, turrets and magnificent stained glass windows provide a stately presence.
The sanctuary is beautiful and welcoming, the pipe organ is extraordinary and their choir, though small in size, is superb. Members are warm and friendly. Their style of worship is “traditional.” Several families have worshiped in this place for five generations. Since being founded in 1838, they have called only 19 pastors.
Bishopville Presbyterian joined the EPC family in June 2013 after their Session and active members voted unanimously for “gracious dismissal” from PC-USA. The Lord used their former pastor as His instrument of change to bring them through “the dismissal process”—expediently, financially whole and, most importantly, in spiritual unity and oneness.
Although their community is small (approximately 19,000 citizens) and rural, they are strategically connected with four I-20 interchanges, and located approximately 25 minutes from I-95 and 55 minutes from I-77. Columbia, South Carolina’s capital city, is about an hour away. Additionally, Bishopville is minutes from surrounding towns (Florence, Darlington, Hartsville, Camden, Sumter) that provide a host of employment, dining, shopping, cultural and other entertainment opportunities as well as excellent hospitals and other medical services.
The red brick manse, with four bedrooms, is spacious. It is situated six blocks from the church in a quiet, friendly residential neighborhood.
Please direct your Personal Information Form, with cover letter, to
or by mail to Bishopville Presbyterian Church, PO Box 66, Bishopville, SC 29010, ATTN: Pastoral Nominating Committee. To learn more about the church please view their Church Information Form.
BUFFALO PRAIRIE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, BUFFALO PRAIRIE, IL - is seeking a full-time Pastor who will be responsible for providing pastoral duties for a rural, 160 member congregation that includes multiple 3 and 4 generation families. In August of 2013, after a unanimous vote, this church changed membership from PCUSA to EPC. Their church has been part of the local community for nearly 130 years. They have a recently updated 3 to 4 bedroom manse immediately adjacent to the church as well as a Christian Educational building and great room/kitchenette. Buffalo Prairie is a small rural community located approximately 20 miles south of the Quad City metropolitan area and 10 miles southeast of Muscatine, Iowa. Congregants come from Buffalo Prairie and other surrounding small towns within a 20 mile radius. To learn more about the church view their Church Information Form.
Buffalo Prairie EPC is looking to call a pastor who:
- Cultivates a close, devotional relationship with God
- Is a helpful counselor who helps people develop their spiritual life
- Is a compassionate and caring person, sensitive to others’ needs
- Maintains confidentiality
- Makes pastoral calls on people in hospitals and nursing homes and those confined to their homes
- Encourages people to relate their faith to their daily lives
They look forward to showing you how much this rural community has to offer. Benefits of the area include: local hospitals and medical clinics; small close-knit school districts; abundant local retail and employment opportunities; and short distance to major metropolitan areas offering additional cultural, educational, sports, shopping and entertainment activities. A community event, attended by people from five surrounding states, is the Aledo Rhubarb Festival. The church participates by making and selling over 300 rhubarb pies!
Please direct your PIF, with cover letter, to
or by mail to Buffalo Prairie Presbyterian Church, ATTN: Pastoral Nominating Committee, PO Box 25, Buffalo Prairie, IL 61237. Call (309) 337-24 309-337-2486 with any questions or for more information.
CALVIN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (EPC), CORVALLIS, OR – is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor. Calvin is a friendly, loving, generous and involved congregation of 117 members (with facilities capacity for many more) that is seeking to increase its outreach and witness, especially to young families and in its immediate neighborhood - which is home to two schools, community outreach organizations, an assisted living facility and many immigrants.
Calvin’s next senior pastor must be an experienced church leader who will encourage people to develop spiritually and live their faith; who will preach and teach compelling messages from God’s Word; who will help develop effective lay leaders and who will uphold Calvin’s long tradition of compassion, warm fellowship and courtesy to all.
Corvallis is situated in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, 80 miles south of Portland, 50 miles east of the Pacific coast and 80 miles west of the Cascade Range crest. Corvallis is a quintessential college town, home to Oregon State University, a research-intensive institution that boasts 25,000 domestic and international students. Corvallis is a friendly, physically active, civically engaged and highly educated community. It is also a mission field that needs to hear about and draw hope from the love of God and timeless gospel of Jesus Christ as the culture moves in contrary directions.
Interested candidates must be ordained or eligible for ordination by the EPC. Candidates may direct their PIF and cover letter to Skip Rung, Pastor Search Committee Chairman at
or by mail to the Pastor Search Committee, 1736 NW Dixon St., Corvallis, OR 97330. For more information about Calvin Presbyterian Church view their Church Information Form.
CANYONS COMMUNITY CHURCH, CASTLE ROCK, CO - is seeking a full-time solo Pastor who will provide day-to-day pastoral leadership for their flock. View the complete position description for the pastor’s duties and responsibilities.
Canyons was founded as a daughter church of Cherry Creek Presbyterian (Englewood, Colorado) in late 2003. It became a particular church in the EPC in June 2005. They are located on 14 acres about a mile northeast of Castle Rock. After meeting in a school for seven years, they remodeled and occupied their current church building approximately three years ago. Last year they added a CE Annex for more classrooms.
The church is a small but vibrant and resilient band who seeks to share the Good News of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and build His kingdom in Douglas County. Membership is currently a few less than 50. The normal attendance for Sunday worship averages between 45 and 65, depending on the season. Sunday morning Worship Service is traditional with joyful hymn-singing. Their leadership team includes five Ruling Elders serving on the Session and a servant group of eight Deacons. They support missionaries in The Philippines, Colombia, Nepal and Haiti, as well as the Douglas County Task Force. They maintain a Good Samaritan Fund to help neighbors who have valid financial emergencies. View their Church Information Form and click here for additional information about the church.
Interested candidates may direct their PIF, with cover letter to Canyons Community Church, 4825 North Crowfoot Valley Road, Castle Rock, Colorado 80108, attention: Nominating Committee, and/or by e-mail to
, or call Jon Greeneisen at 303-221-5620 for more information. Their website is www.CanyonsCC.org.
CHRIST COMMUNITY CHURCH, HIGHLAND LAKES, NJ - a close-knit, Scripture-centered family of God is seeking a Godly, ordained man who believes, teaches and preaches the Bible as the infallible Word of God. Candidate will be willing to shepherd a congregation of approximately 40 people as part-time Pastor. Responsibilities include preaching and expounding the Word, visiting and ministering to the congregation, attending session and worship meetings and various other church life functions. Housing is provided. Potential for full-time position. Send letter of interest, resume and Personal Information Form to Christ Community Church, PO Box 726, Highland Lakes, NJ 07422, Attn: Barbara Gray, Search Committee. 973-764-6877.
CHRIST EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, HOUSTON, TX – is prayerfully seeking God’s man for their Senior Pastor position. They are a growing church of about 800 members searching for a man after God’s own heart who is willing to gracefully teach them of God’s truth, convict them of their mission and encourage them to share His ways as they grow to have a deeper more committed relationship with God. The congregation is mission conscious and one that strives to know God’s truth and serve Him in ways that are glorifying to Him. Christ Evangelical, as their name implies, is a church dedicated to evangelism and ministry outside their walls as well as within.
The church has an excellent location and can boast of God’s abundant blessings as the facilities were built sitting on a beautiful wooded area in the midst of a busy city. They are located on a feeder road off of I-10 and Wirt/Chimney Rock Road which encourages passerby visitors and surrounding neighborhoods easy access.
Their criteria for a Pastor are:
- Degree and Seminary Trained
- Reformed Theological Background
- EPC Ordination or eligibility
- Average age: 35-45
- Gifted as Life Application Preacher/Teacher
- Ability to relate well with upcoming generations
- A man willing to prayerfully lead the congregation
- A man of vision
- A man of humility
Interested candidates should submit their Personal Information Form with cover letter to Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 8300 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77024, Attn: Larry Laubach or by e-mail to
CHRIST REFORMED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, LINGLE, WY – is seeking a full- or part-time Pastor. They are a rural, newly-formed EPC congregation of approximately 40 members. The one whom God calls to this pulpit should be guided by their motto, “Evangelizing the Lost, Edifying the Saved.”
As a Bible-believing Reformed church, they hold to the doctrine of the primacy of preaching. Preaching is the primary means, ordained by God, to bring His people to faith and edify them for His service. God chooses preaching to show us His glory. As the preacher rightly divides the Word of Truth for them, the preacher stands in the shoes of the prophets of old, becoming the very mouthpiece for the Word of God to them.
They seek one who understands that the pastor’s responsibility is to follow the Great Shepherd in the pursuit of the sanctification of His flock, through expositional teaching of the Word. This person must be firmly grounded in and committed to the Reformed theology of the EPC, and to uncompromised expository preaching of God’s Word. To this end, they seek one who will commit to delivering expository sermons of not less than 30 minutes.
In addition to adhering to and supporting the EPC Essentials of Our Faith, the one whom God calls to this position must be degreed and seminary trained, and hold EPC ordination or be eligible for EPC ordination.
As the called leader of this church, it will be the pastor’s responsibility to plan and lead worship services, moderate Session meetings, visit the sick and homebound and serve as a teacher and/or leader of Sunday school, confirmation classes or Bible studies. This person must be willing to develop relationships with and respond to the differing needs of all ages. In short, they are looking for a traditional pastor whose primary call is to preaching and teaching the infallible Word.
To learn more about Christ Reformed Presbyterian Church, view their Church Information Form and Mission Statement. If interested in being considered for this position, please provide your Personal Information Form to Susan Wilson at
COMMUNITY EVANGELISTIC EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, KNOXVILLE, TN – seeking a Senior Pastor who will be responsible for providing, on a full-time basis, the day-to-day pastoral duties for a culturally diverse 200+ member congregation located in an urban environment. In addition to providing pastoral duties, other duties and qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Gifted (by the Holy Spirit) as a Pastor-Teacher
- Degreed and seminary trained (required)
- Reformed theological views (required)
- EPC ordination or eligibility for ordination (required)
- Maturity, having at least 5+ years in ministering the Word of God (experience as an Assistant or Associate Pastor will be considered)
- Hands on experience with developing, implementing and maintaining an urban ministry
- Willingness to increase cultural diversity within the local church body
- Leadership ability to initiate and support Children and Youth Ministries
- Willingness to develop other Inreach Ministries
- Proven ability for developing an Outreach Ministry within the community
- Good administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in counseling
- Visit the sick and shut-in
Interested candidates should submit their resume with cover letter to Community Evangelistic Evangelical Presbyterian Church, PO Box 14579, Knoxville, TN 37914, Attention: Pastor Search Committee.
CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY CHURCH, GREELEY, CO – is seeking a Senior Pastor for their congregation of 409 members and additional 100+ non-members/attenders. The Senior Pastor is head of 7 full-time staff, which includes Associate Pastor Greg Ehlert, and 12 part-time staff. Their vision is to see people rescued and restored by Jesus Christ so they joyfully love the Lord and others in His name. See http://vimeo.com/94995146. As a worshipping community grounded in God’s Word and prayer, they are committed to three great objectives for every person in their church: (1) Equip them to grow in intimacy and faithfulness with God through Jesus Christ; (2) Facilitate their healing towards a joyful wholeness so that they are increasingly able to live in God’s love; and (3) Sending them out in mission and ministry to a lost and broken world. They are seeking a Senior Pastor to lead them to fulfill their vision. Greeley is located on the Colorado Front Range 60 miles north of Denver with a population of about 100,000 and is home to the University of Northern Colorado.
Qualifications They consider important include, but are not limited to the following:
- Is mature and emotionally secure
- Is a person who cultivates a close, devotional relationship with God
- Is an effective preacher/speaker
- Encourages people to relate their faith to their daily lives
- Helps people develop their spiritual life
- Is a good leader
- Deals effectively with conflict
- Is a compassionate and caring person, sensitive to others' needs
- Ministers effectively to people in crisis situations
- Helps people develop their leadership abilities
- Works well on a team
- Is accepting of people with divergent backgrounds
- Encourages others to assume and carry out leadership.
Interested candidates should submit their Personal Information Form by e-mail to Kim Lawrence at
or by mail to 12702 Shiloh Rd., Greeley, CO 80631. Candidates should review the Cornerstone website, testimony, vision statement and Church Information Form.
CORNERSTONE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, SELMA, AL – seeks a full-time Head Pastor to become a part of its church family and to love and serve alongside its 350+ members. Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, formerly First Presbyterian Church of Selma, is excited to be a new member of the EPC family. The church was founded in 1838 and it continues to be an integral part of the community. Selma is a place of important history and new beginnings. It is a small town, 20,000 people, that is great for families and is conveniently located to enjoyable destinations like the beach, lakes and metropolitan areas.
Cornerstone Presbyterian’s mission statement:
Cornerstone Presbyterian Church is a disciple making congregation, surrendered to Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, dependent on God’s Word and willing to be led and equipped for service as Christ’s disciples.
They seek a pastor who:
- Is full of passion and energy
- Is not afraid to lead with grace
- Knows how big our God is
- Loves each new day and opportunity that God gives.
Interested applicants should direct their EPC Personal Information Form (PIF) to Denson Henry, Pastor Search Committee Chairman, at
or by mail to: Pastor Search Committee, Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, 301 Broad St., Selma, AL 36701, Attn: Denson Henry.
COVENANT PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF ORANGE, CALIFORNIA – seeks a Senior Pastor and, having recently joined the EPC, is prayerfully and eagerly anticipating the future. They feel poised, confident, challenged and blessed in new ways to make a difference in their community. Their mission is to provide a ministry deeply rooted in the Presbyterian tradition that reaches out and invites all people to join in the life and love of Jesus Christ, to nurture them in Christian faith and to equip them for a life of service in the kingdom of God. The 450 member congregation occupies a well equipped campus including a traditional sanctuary - all in beautiful Orange County, California.
They prayerfully seek a pastor who will build upon the strong foundation of a talented, dedicated and stable support staff, active Sunday school classes, a respected community Christian school and an outstanding music ministry. The church eagerly anticipates the opportunity to welcome a relational and innovative pastor who is committed to sharing the gospel through strong biblical preaching that leads to transformed lives.
The characteristics of this pastor should include:
- Is an excellent preacher/teacher with a warm and engaging personality, is passionate and caring and finds joy in helping fellow believers develop their spiritual lives
- A relationship with God that is intimate and devoted
- Strong leadership skills and vision
- Continues to develop his/her theological and biblical skills
- Is an excellent leader who is mature and emotionally secure
- Has a vision for furthering our outreach ministry to the community thereby growing the church
- Makes pastoral calls on people in hospitals/nursing homes or confined at home
- Has experience leading both traditional and contemporary worship styles
- Can do ministry in a culturally diverse area.
If you feel you are the person that God has chosen to lead this congregation, please submit your PIF to Everett Geis at
. For further information, view their Church Information Form or visit their website (www.covp.org).
FAITH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, PEMBROKE PINES, FL - is prayerfully seeking a Pastor who will be responsible for preaching, teaching, and motivating a congregation of 136. In June of 2012, they joined the EPC, and in October of the same year they celebrated their 60th anniversary as a church. They are a culturally diverse congregation that desires to be a community of authentic disciples who love and serve people, welcome sinners and open the door to a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
They are looking for a pastor with a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ to help them transition from a church-as-citadel mentality to a church-as-hospital posture where they serve plainly as Christians in the world, but not of the world. They seek to unify their pre-school program and its families with their church. Attracting a younger demographic may mean modernizing their worship experience, making it more accessible to all generational groups, and encouraging greater participation in worship by the congregation. However, they are uncompromising in their commitment to unadulterated preaching of the Word--in its entirety—because eternity is at stake. They are seeking a pastor who will guide, inspire, and empower the congregation to become active leaders and worshippers, not spectators. They believe the following pastoral and leadership skills will be vital in preparing them to make this shift to a new lifestyle:
- helps people develop their spiritual life
- is a helpful counselor
- is effective in working with children
- has a strong commitment to the educational ministry of the church
- works regularly at bringing new members into the church
- encourages people to relate their faith to their daily lives
- is accepting of people with divergent backgrounds and traditions
- encourages others to assume and carry out leadership
- deals effectively with conflict.
They pray that God will send someone who recognizes the headship of Christ and whose leadership stems from his desire to seek and follow God’s will. They pray for a Spirit-filled pastor who will kindle the fire smoldering in their pews and encourage the congregation to worship passionately and serve joyfully. In short, they are looking for a shepherd who knows what sheep look and smell like, and who loves and serves them anyway. If you believe God is calling you to serve Faith Presbyterian Church, please provide your cover letter and Personal Information Form in one of the following ways:
- by e-mail to
- by mail to Faith Presbyterian Church, 1700 NW 98th Avenue, Pembroke Pines, FL 33024, Attention: Annette Adams
For additional information about Faith Presbyterian Church, you may also wish to visit the church’s website at http://faithpembrokepines.com.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF CASPER, CASPER, WY - is seeking a Solo Pastor. At a minimum, the successful candidate will hold an M.Div. or equivalent, and be ordained or ordainable in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) denomination. They are specifically seeking a pastor who:
- will serve as the primary vision-caster for the direction of the church
- is biblically sound and theologically Reformed
- is a strong, effective preacher of the word
- is evangelical, eager to reach out to the community, with a focus on bringing more young families into the church
- is personable, outgoing, and energetic
- is an effective leader and organizer with excellent communication skills
- is an excellent teacher, willing to actively guide the Christian Education program
- is experienced or able, and eager, to plan and lead worship with a traditional liturgy.
First Presbyterian Church is a 100-year-old church that joined the EPC in 2013. They are a unified, dedicated, financially stable congregation of 80, excited to flourish in a theologically Reformed denomination. Casper is a rapidly growing community in the center of the beautiful state of Wyoming. To learn more about this church, visit their website and view their Church Information Form.
To apply, please send a cover letter and completed Personal Information Form to
, or by mail to First Presbyterian Church, ATTN: Pastor Search Committee, 804 S. Wolcott, Casper, WY 82601. Any questions can be directed to the e-mail above.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF LAREDO (EPC), LAREDO, TX - is prayerfully seeking a Pastor to lead their small biblically based church.
The pastor will lead and plan worship services, moderate session meetings, assist Ruling Elders in church management, visit the sick and be actively involved in cultivating relationships with local churches of other denominations. Guidance on topics for Bible studies, Sunday school and catechism (when needed) will be gratefully received. They are looking for someone who:
- Loves the Lord and is biblically based and theologically sound
- Is mature in their faith and can strengthen the congregation’s
- Is compassionate and has a heart to lead
- Is an effective speaker and teacher
- Will work to grow the church
- Is ordained by the EPC or eligible for ordination by the EPC.
First Presbyterian Church of Laredo is over 130 years old. Currently, they are a 13 member congregation with average attendance of 19. The church, though small in number, owns its own building. Their stewardship has allowed them to completely cover the cost of their facilities, which include a chapel with pipe organ and seating for 275, pastor's office and a fellowship hall consisting of a kitchen, offices and Sunday school classrooms. The fellowship hall has been used by mission workers as a home base complete with showers.
The pastor position at present is for a tent-maker, but it is the desire of the Session that as the church grows the pastor will become full-time. The total salary/benefit package is set for the mid-30s, and will include salary, insurance and housing allowance divided to address the needs of the pastor and his family.
Interested candidates should send their Personal Information Form to the Search Committee at .
GRACE CHAPEL EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, MADISON, MS – is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who will be responsible for providing pastoral duties for a growing 285 member congregation in the beautiful city of Madison (see www.madisonthecity.com). They are a dynamic family oriented community seeking a Christ-centered, mission- driven, biblically-based leader.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
- An effective preacher/speaker
- Ministers effectively to people in crisis situations
- Makes pastoral calls on people in the hospital, nursing homes and shut-ins
- A good leader
- Builds a sense of fellowship among the people with whom he/she works
- Has a strong commitment to the educational ministry of the church
- Works regularly at bringing new members into the church
- Is a person who cultivates a close, devotional relationship with God
- Encourages people to relate their faith to their daily lives
- Is a mature and emotionally secure leader
- Is a compassionate and caring servant
- Deals effectively with conflict.
Interested candidates should submit their Personal Information Form by e-mail to either Dwayne Self at
or Courtney Simmons at
or by mail to Grace Chapel Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 307 New Mannsdale Road, Madison, MS 39110, Attn: Pastor Search Committee. For further information, please visit the church website at www.gracegc2.com and view their Church Information Form. Their Congregational Charge: We go nowhere by accident. Wherever we go, God is sending us. God has a purpose for our being there and He Has given His Holy Spirit to us.
GREAT VALLEY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, MALVERN, PA -is seeking a Pastor who….
- Is devoted to the spiritual disciplines of scripture meditation and prayer
- Would devote maximum time and energy to preaching, teaching and visitation
- Enjoys and would invest considerable time in getting to know his congregants
- Possesses exegetical and preaching skills that are tailored to his congregants; offering creative and practical gospel application to those living in a busy, hurried, and competitive suburban context
- Is appreciated, as much because of his warmth and inviting disposition as his courage and willingness to speak, albeit humbly, words of instruction and correction when the occasion requires it
- Enjoys partnering with staff and laity, encouraging their development and celebrating their accomplishments
- Views corrective feedback delivered thoughtfully and applied with kindness, as an expression of partnership and as a means of grace
- Is equally at home in both the community in which he resides and within the pulpit
- Understands the unique challenges and opportunities presented to the church in this late modern era
- Can articulate the gospel in a way that both young and old, churched and non-churched, will find compelling
- Can unreservedly affirm the EPC Essentials of Our Faith.
Great Valley Presbyterian Church is located outside of Philadelphia in a beautiful, affluent suburban setting. The church is comprised of approximately 200 congregants who are middle to upper middle class and represent a wide variety of occupations and professions. GVPC draws from a wide array of suburban communities and is located close to a number of large corporate offices. They are a church that has the feel of a community church, in spite of being geographically dispersed. For more information about Great Valley Presbyterian Church (EPC), view their expanded profile, visit their website at www.gvpres.org or view their Church Information Form.
Interested applicants should direct their EPC Personal Information Form (PIF) to or by mail to Pastoral Search Committee Chairman: Steve Smoker, 423 Beaumont Circle, West Chester, PA 19380.
HOPE EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, GRAYSLAKE, IL - is seeking a full-time Pastor who will be responsible for providing day-to-day pastoral duties for their 92 member congregation.
They are seeking a pastor with a heart for the Lord and a heart for God’s people who will be 100% committed to Hope and the future God has planned for them.
Hope EPC is a warm, loving, vibrant and mature congregation that is dedicated to Christ-centered traditional worship. They are financially generous, committed to growth and are full of hope and trust in the Lord to take them boldly into the future.
Interested candidates should submit their PIF with cover letter to or mail to Hope Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 32475 N. Alleghany Road, Grayslake, IL 60030, ATTN: Pastoral Search Committee. For more information about Hope Evangelical Presbyterian Church, visit their website at www.hopechurchepc.org and view their Church Information Form. Please contact the church office at (847) 543-1659 with any questions or for more information.
LUCAYA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, FREEPORT, GRAND BAHAMA ISLAND, BAHAMAS - a small, yet culturally diverse, international congregation of 110 members whose backgrounds are richly varied based on countries of origin and denomination is seeking a Pastor.
The church’s history dates back to the Church of Scotland, presently they are part of the EPC Presbytery of Florida. Lucaya Presbyterian Church is located in Freeport which is one of two main cities on Grand Bahama Island. It's the northernmost island of the Bahamas and some 80 miles from the east coast of Florida. On Grand Bahama Island, life is slow and laid back. There are no shopping malls, big box stores or planned activities on a continuing basis. You must be prepared for and willing to live an "island life" mentality that is slower in pace, but be both flexible and content with regards to what is available and what can or cannot be obtained.
Their Belief: They fully embrace the basic precepts of the Presbyterian Church through the five Solas: Scripture alone, faith alone, grace alone, Christ alone and to the Glory of God alone.
Prospective Minister: A Bible preacher/teacher who is a caring man and sensitive enough to minister effectively in a cross cultural environment. He must continue to uphold Lucaya’s basic precepts, must be passionate about communicating Gods word and apply the word to both young and old. The prospective candidate must be either ordained or theologically eligible for ordination in the EPC.
Minister’s Responsibilities: Preaching and teaching the word of God, ministering to the needs of the congregation through visitation and counseling and a high level of pastoral care. They would also like their new minister to continue the development of their youth group, with hands on involvement with their IMPACT students.
Worship: Their present worship style contains a variety of traditional and contemporary elements with which the present congregation is very content. Piano, organ and guitars supply the music.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resumes and/or PIF to the search committee at
. Naturally, all applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
MANSFIELD FIRST PRESBYTERYAN CHURCH, MANSFIELD, OH - is prayerfully seeking a full-time Pastor who will partner with the congregation of 275 members to reach out and disciple those in the community who have no relationship with Jesus Christ or an established church.
New to the EPC since 2012, they are praying that God will lead them to a pastor who
- upholds Biblical truths while supporting the EPC Essentials of Faith
- can lead them -- through the powers of the Holy Spirit -- to become the church in their community that is known as “the church that glorifies God”
- has at least five years’ experience as a Senior Pastor or Associate Pastor
Dating back to the mid-1800s, Mansfield 1st has served the community and surrounding area for almost 200 years. Committed to seeking new ways to reach and serve others, they currently minister through Blessings in a Backpack, a food box ministry, summer mission trips, Vacation Bible School and a variety of other outreach programs/events. Their on-site preschool is known throughout the community for its excellence in education and has been a strong church mission for 30 years.
Always seeking to strengthen and nurture their members through Christian Education, they have a men’s breakfast Bible study, a week-day women’s Bible study (Joy in the Morning), a Wednesday evening Bible study, several small groups and Sunday school for all ages.
If you feel God is calling you to this position or would like more information, please send your cover letter and PIF to or to Robert Barnett, Mansfield First Presbyterian Church, 399 S. Trimble Road, Mansfield, OH 44906.
For additional information a tour of the church property is available by visiting http://youtu.be/PX2J48IAoI8. You may also view their Church Information Form and information about the community.
MT. PLEASANT COMMUNITY CHURCH, MT. PLEASANT, MI - is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to lead elders and staff in equipping this congregation of 600+ members to fulfill their mission “to seek out and encourage all people to be growing disciples of Jesus Christ”. Mt. Pleasant Community Church was founded in 1980 by a group of people with a passion to share the transforming love of Christ with their community and the world. Like Community Church, Mt. Pleasant is diverse, interweaving big-city conveniences (a large university, world-class entertainment and a growing business district) with small-town values and traditions.
The Senior Pastor for Community Church should:
- Be an excellent communicator and effective teacher
- Be an active, personal disciple of Jesus including living out a winsome model of Christian life and family relationships
- Have a passion for helping others develop their spiritual life, encouraging them to live out their faith on a daily basis
- Display strong leadership skills and a passion to help others develop their leadership abilities
- Have served in vital leadership roles in a multi-staff church with weekly attendance of 750-1000
- Work well on a team and be committed to a team approach to ministry
- Have a Masters of Divinity and/or advanced degrees in ministry
- Be ordained or ordainable in the EPC.
Interested applicants should direct their Personal Information Form (PIF) along with their resume, cover letter and a link to a current example of preaching/teaching to .
NEW LIFE COMMUNITY CHURCH, COVELO, CA – is praying for a half-time Pastor who will lead and guide this rural northern California church. They seek a pastor who:
- is an effective preacher
- will help people develop their spiritual life
- will assist in revitalizing the church
- is willing and able to counsel those in need
- will be available for a crisis
- will make pastoral calls in homes and at hospital
- is a leader
- will bring in new members
- has a close personal relationship with God
- applies the Word of God in his life
- is mature
- is emotionally secure
- is compassionate and caring.
New Life Community Church is a small country church in Round Valley, home to Round Valley Indian Reservation. Established in 1884 as Covelo Presbyterian Church, the name was changed to New Life Community Church during their transition to the EPC. It is important that the new pastor embrace the rural lifestyle and be compatible with a conservative, traditional congregation. With an aging congregation, the church needs revitalization and growth. For more information about the church, view their Church Information Form.
Covelo is located in the northeast corner of Mendocino County adjacent to the Mendocino National Forest. Located on Highway 162, 28 winding miles off U.S Highway 101, the valley has been called a rural wilderness. The local school district provides education for kindergarten through high school. There is a state preschool as well as a Tribal Head Start program. The town, which is unincorporated, has a bank, library, post office, two grocery stores, a convenience store, two hardware stores, two auto parts stores, two gas stations, an Indian casino and a number of small local businesses.
If you sense God calling you to Round Valley, please e-mail your PIF with a cover letter to
or send by mail to New Life Community Church, PO Box 157, Covelo, CA 95428.
PARKWAY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, CUMMING, GA - awaits God’s call of a full-time Senior Pastor for their 350+ member congregation. Parkway is centrally located in the high-growth area of Forsyth County, Georgia. Northeast of Atlanta, the suburban setting helps Parkway appeal to a variety of visitors and members. Parkway was chartered in 1998 in Cumming and moved into its current property in 2000. The church completed the transition from PCUSA to EPC in 2011 with an overwhelmingly supportive and united vote of the membership.
At Parkway, they abide by the mission to “Connect, Grow, and Serve.” Their continued desire is to CONNECT with God, GROW in his Word and SERVE the world, to see all people become fully committed followers of Christ. A senior pastor for Parkway would demonstrate the following key traits:
- strong and unyielding preacher of God’s Word
- effective leader of staff, Session and the Parkway members
- mature and confident head of the church organization
- able integrator of programs directed to children, youth, parents, singles and seniors
- willing counselor that demonstrates unwavering confidentiality and trustworthiness
- flexible worship leader to appeal with a variety of worship styles.
See more about Parkway Presbyterian Church at www.parkway-church.org and view their Church Information Form. If you feel God’s direction toward this position, please e-mail your PIF and cover letter to the Pastor Search Committee Chairman, Jon Reneslacis, at
or by mail to Jon Reneslacis, c/o Parkway Presbyterian Church, 5830 Bethelview Road, Cumming, GA 30040.
PIEDMONT PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, CALLAWAY, VA – is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in a serene rural community between Blackwater River and Greens Creek about half-way between Rocky Mount and Roanoke, VA. Piedmont was built in 1860 and until October 2013, was a member of PCUSA at which time they united with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. This congregation of about 100 members, interested in growing their membership and faith, is seeking a Pastor.
Piedmont Presbyterian Church’s Mission: From the Bible, they believe that as a church, they are called by God to worship Him, to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to teach the truth of their Faith, to nurture the Christian Community and to be Christ’s servant people.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Proclaiming the Gospel of Christ and encouraging the local church body to do so
- Guiding the spiritual development of the congregation
- Providing pastoral care in meeting the needs of persons in the church and community
- Providing administrative leadership for the church
- Regularly providing an invitation to accept Christ
- Involvement in all children’s activities such as Activity Hour, Vacation Bible School and other Sunday School activities; this includes getting to know the children and their families
- Ability to balance involvement with weekend and evening activities without neglecting his family, the health of his marriage or taking time for himself; the position requires great flexibility in time schedule
- Cooperation with other area ministers in holding inter-denominational services especially during holidays such as Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving and other times when appropriate
- Deal effectively with conflict and maintain confidentiality
- Make pastoral calls on persons in hospitals, nursing homes and those confined to their homes
- Encourage people to relate their faith to their daily lives
- Ministers effectively to people in crisis situations
- Works regularly to bring new members into the church
- Is effective in working with children and youth.
The church has a pastor’s study, kitchen, fellowship hall, Sunday School rooms and beautiful stained-glass windows in the sanctuary given in memory of members who have received their eternal homes. The manse is within walking distance of the church with 4 bedrooms and 2½ baths. For more information view their Church Information Form.
If you are called to Piedmont, then send your PIF to the chairman of the Pastor Search Committee, Henry Messenger at , mailing address 296 Bethany Road, Callaway, VA 24067.
ROUND HILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, FELTON, PA – a loving, welcoming, down-home, country church is praying for a full-time Pastor for this 80-member congregation. Although the church is over 250 years old, it is newly transitioned to the EPC (in 2013) and it is where you can feel the energy and enthusiasm of a spirit-filled congregation. They aspire to worship God in spirit and in truth, to grow personally and corporately in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ and to obey His command to extend the Gospel, all for the glory of God. They are excited to see who the Lord will send them!
Round Hill is blessed with a beautiful and well maintained Victorian Gothic style building with lovely grounds. Their rural community offers nearby hospitals and medical centers, shopping venues, well rated schools, a low crime rate, close proximity to historical and scenic parks and sites, interstate access and short distances to major metropolitan areas with access to international airports.
Round Hill needs a shepherd who:
- possesses a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and a desire to nurture such a faith in others
- can unreservedly affirm the EPC Essentials of Our Faith and is devoted to the spiritual disciplines of Scripture meditation and prayer
- loves Sunday worship service and will make it a high priority saturated with prayer, music, the preaching of the Word and regular and frequent invitations to accept Christ
- articulates the Gospel in a way that both young and old, churched and un-churched, find compelling
- has a strong passion for missions and reaching the lost – locally, nationally and internationally
- possesses a warm welcoming personality and will come alongside them, walk with them, fellowship with them, rejoice and mourn with them
- has the ability to work with others in a loving and caring manner, reflecting the love and concern of Jesus Christ in his daily life and work
- loves working with children and youth
- is compassionate and willing to visit and encourage all, especially those who are ill, bereaved, shut-in or in crisis
- balances Church ministry without neglecting his family, the health of his marriage or taking time for himself
- loves each new day and opportunity that God gives.
If you feel called to explore a ministry opportunity at this church, please e-mail your cover letter and Personal Information Form to the Chair of the Pastoral Nominating Committee at
, or by mail to Joyce Hyson, 13125 Cross Roads Avenue, Cross Roads, PA 17322. To learn more about Round Hill EPC, please view their Church Information Form, check them out on Facebook or on their website at www.southernyorkcounty.com/churches/roundhill. Call 717-993-6165 with any questions.
SAN RAMON PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (SRPC), SAN RAMON, CA - is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to provide spiritual leadership to this 178 member body of Christ. The church is located in the suburban East Bay area just east of San Francisco in the scenic San Ramon Valley.
Most in the congregation has been with SRPC for over 10 years. This is a warm and welcoming fellowship where the majority of members are committed and active in the church and in personal outreach efforts. The church’s day-to-day operations are well cared for with a strong staff and Session.
The church commissioned a strategy team one year ago to seek God’s call for the congregation; a summary of the report is included in their Church Information Form. They are seeking a Senior Pastor with a calling that is aligned with the mission, vision and strategy that they believe will help SRPC keep its focus on what matters: being intentional about outreach (i.e. the Great Commission). Their near term priorities are to inspire, equip and encourage the congregation to reach out to the un-churched in the local area and to encourage all attenders to regularly participate in a relational group. The Session looks forward to partnering with a Senior Pastor to help make further progress in responding to God’s call as a Christ-honoring church.
In addition to the above priorities, SRPC is seeking a Pastor who:
- Is a highly effective preacher aligned with scripture and balanced in content to both the unchurched and believers
- Cultivates a close, devotional relationship with God
- Works regularly at bringing new members into the church
- Is a compassionate and caring person who is sensitive to other’s needs
- Encourages people to relate their faith to their daily lives
- Is EPC ordained or eligible for ordination and is Reformed theologically
If you feel called to this position, then please e-mail your EPC PIF to the Chairman of the Pastor Search Committee, Elder Jim Kelley, at
, or by mail to San Ramon Presbyterian Church, 12943 Alcosta Blvd., San Ramon, CA 94583, Attn: Pastor Search Committee.
SPRINGHILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, BOZEMAN, MT - is seeking a full-time Teaching Pastor to join this dynamic, multi-site congregation of 600 as they continue to reach the Gallatin Valley for Jesus Christ. Home to Montana State University, the culture of Bozeman is one that embraces its location, immersing itself in all it has to offer. The variety in Bozeman is represented well in the variety of the congregation: ranchers and doctors, executives and small business owners, young families and faithful saints. They all make Springhill a special and unique place to worship and serve.
As a ministry partner to the Executive Pastor, Springhill desires to call a Teaching Pastor who is a gifted communicator, one who enjoys creating connections with people through the message, teaching the Bible in a manner that is meaningful for the seasoned believer and accessible to the inexperienced newcomer. Springhill needs a Teaching Pastor who will spiritually lead the congregation and work effectively with the team and congregation to ensure the church moves forward with unity, clarity, focus and momentum.
The congregation is resolute in continuing to have intelligent, biblically-based preaching as the backbone of this pastoral position. Springhill is committed to Reformed theology, yet they also understand and appreciate the wide and varied backgrounds that make up their specific church body.
Springhill is a friendly, easily approachable faith community, and a leader that reflects these traits will fit in well. The right candidate is highly personable and will genuinely enjoy being with people. This pastor will look for opportunities to make meaningful connections with congregants and community, and will instill a genuine sense of care toward those he meets. Easy to laugh, yet sincere in the things that really matter, the Teaching Pastor at Springhill will consistently point to Jesus as the source of joy in life and ministry. Finally, the ideal candidate will love God’s creation. Bozeman is an epicenter for outdoor adventure all year round and it will be important that the Teaching Pastor appreciate outdoor activities as a means to connect with the church, as well as refresh his own soul in the midst of a busy and active ministry life.
- An evident, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A minimum master’s degree (M.Div., Th.M., etc.) or higher (D.Min., Ph.D.)
- Ordained in or ordination transferrable to the Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Experience in a multiple staff church environment
- Extensive teaching/preaching experience
- High relational intelligence and motivation
For more information – including the inquiry process – about this position, please view the full Opportunity Profile. Questions should be directed to Springhill’s search consultant, Nancy Moore, NL Moore & Associates, at
WALKER’S EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH PAMPLIN, VA - located in beautiful central Virginia near the historic Appomattox Court House, they are seeking a Pastor who will join with their congregation in a new chapter of worship and work together in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Having recently completed a new Fellowship Hall and Sunday School building to accommodate current and future growth, this multi-generational congregation is very excited about God’s future for Walker’s Church. They are eager to welcome a pastor who is committed to studying, proclaiming and living God’s Word and sharing in life and ministry with this wonderful church family. Interested candidates may learn more about Walker’s Evangelical Presbyterian Church by viewing their Church Information Form or contacting Bill Hogan at (434) 603-2014 or e-mail
. To be considered for this position send your Personal Information Forms to him at 2004 Swan Rd., Pamplin, VA 23958.
EASTMINSTER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, WICHITA, KS - seeking an Associate Pastor for Missions with a passion for Christ, the spread of the Gospel and a compassion for the lost and needy of the world. God promised Abraham that through his seed all the peoples of the earth would be blessed. Eastminster believes they are bound up in that promise and are to be agents of God’s blessings. In short they are looking for a Pastor with a vision, an understanding and a heart for the Mission of God and His people in the world.
Eastminster currently has approximately 1,700 church members and was formally welcomed into the EPC family of churches in the fall of 2012.
Beginning in the late 1970s, through providential circumstances, God led Eastminster to embark on a strong outward focus of missions, both global and local that continues to this day. They are committed to continue in this direction of God’s calling with cutting edge mission strategies, working with their mission partners and individual church members to continually adapt to a changing world as the Lord opens new doors and opportunities to be a part of His master plan to bless all the peoples of the world.
With this as background, they seek an Associate Pastor who has a true pastor’s heart and a strong sense of God’s call to fill this particular position. This person should possess a deep love for God and His church both locally and globally, express a humble servant spirit, live in personal integrity and Godly character, embrace personal accountability, practice a consistent daily prayer life and walk in dependence upon the enabling power of the Holy Spirit to carry out what only God and His grace can accomplish. This person should be a good listener, eager to understand past and current relationships with their mission partners and then to bring his/her own experience, vision, leadership and equipping skills to facilitate and inspire their local church body to faithfully live out God’s calling for Eastminster. In addition this person must have good administrative skills to oversee a large and complex mission’s budget, have strong pastoral gifts to minister to their mission partners and be willing to travel.
For more information visit the church’s website at www.eastminster.org or view their Church Information Form. Interested persons should submit their PIF form via e-mail to John Moody, Associate Pastor Search Committee Chair, at or by mail to Eastminster Presbyterian Church, Attn: Associate Pastor Search Committee, 1958 N Webb Road, Wichita, KS 67206.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, BEAVER, PA - is seeking a full-time Assistant Pastor of Congregational Care. This is a new position, created to help their Senior Pastor and two Associate Pastors minister to this growing 800-member congregation located in the picturesque small town of Beaver, 30 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.
The duties of the new Assistant Pastor will include making hospital visits and coordinating visits and calls for the 100+ members and friends who are 75 years of age and older. He or she will also minister to local community persons who come to the church seeking pastoral and financial assistance.
The Assistant Pastor will preach 16-20 times/year in rotation with the other pastors. FPC Beaver has four worship services in the building on Sunday mornings. They also shepherd a fledgling congregation in nearby Beaver Falls, which has grown out of an FPC church plant. This gives a total of five worship services to staff and support. The Assistant Pastor will need to be present every Sunday before, during, and after the services to listen, pray, care and connect with worshipers.
The new Assistant Pastor will be the primary point person with Deacons to ensure effectiveness in their ministries of care. He or she will work with the newly-formed Senior Adult Committee to develop a plan of programs and services to meet the needs of older adults, based on the recommendations of FPC's Senior Adult Task Force.
The Assistant Pastor will be called on to lead Bible Studies, teach Sunday School, serve as a resource for Committees and the Session and assist the other Pastors as needed.
- Possesses pastoral gift and skill in preaching and pastoral care
- Has earned, or is working toward, a Master of Divinity Degree from an accredited institution
- Is ordained or qualified to be ordained, with theology and practices consistent with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Is hard working and available for full time work
- Is a consummate team player who puts God, others and organization first.
For more information about First Presbyterian Church, view their Church Information Form and website. Interested candidates should e-mail their resume or Personal Information Form to the Assistant Pastor Nominating Committee at
GASHLAND EPC, KANSAS CITY, MO – is hiring an Assistant Pastor of Family Life (APFL) who will focus on youth and family ministry, helping to set the vision and strategy for an overall ministry approach (for children, youth, and families).
The APFL will partner with and be a resource for parents as they are the primary means of nurturing and caring for the spiritual condition of their children.
The APFL will work alongside the Director of Children’s Ministries to create and implement a strategy that nurtures their youngest members through the various transitional stages of infancy to childhood to teen to graduate so that their Children’s and Student Ministries are covenantal, integrated and a support for parents.
The APFL’s main emphases will be in ministering to students (6-12th grades) through discipleship, teaching, small groups, outreach events and other activities. This will involve developing personal relationships with the students and families at Gashland as well as recruiting and shepherding dedicated volunteer leaders who will carry a significant load of ministry responsibilities.
The APFL will also participate in teaching and occasionally preaching at Gashland. Finally, the APFL will help assist the Senior Pastor in pastoral responsibilities such as weddings, funerals, baptism, the Lord’s Supper and visitations as needed.
Gashland is looking for someone with discerned gifting & passion in leading/discipling students and nurturing strong families. They are seeking an individual who can work well with a team, but also is a self-starter in carrying out the roles and responsibilities delegated to their position.
This candidate needs to be ordained or ordainable in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (i.e. meets or is on track to meet the ordination requirements, including seminary requirements).
GREENTREE COMMUNITY CHURCH, KIRKWOOD, MO – is seeking an Assistant Pastor/Cares Ministry. See their ad in the Professional Staff category below.
IMMANUEL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (EPC), WARRENVILLE, IL - is seeking a part-time Minister to Children and Families. See their ad in the Professional Staff category below.
KEMPSVILLE EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA –seeking a Director of Worship. See their ad in the Professional Staff section below.
NORTH PARK EPC, WEXFORD, PA – is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries. See their ad in the Professional Staff section below.
TRINITY COMMUNITY CHURCH (TCC), CLOVIS, CA - seeks a full-time Assistant Pastor to work alongside the Senior Pastor who anticipates a modification of his current responsibilities over the next 3 – 5 years. The career path of the individual selected is expected to move from the initial position of Assistant Pastor to Associate Pastor, with the possibility of transitioning to full-time Senior Pastor within a 3-7 year timeframe. The individual selected for this position must be a seminary graduate and ordained (or working toward ordination) by the EPC. Individual qualifications and ministry responsibilities:
- Firmly committed to the Reformed theology of the EPC
- Personally committed to God’s Word through a deep, passionate, abiding love and faith in Jesus Christ, reflected in every aspect of your life
- Committed to uncompromised expository preaching of God’s Word (initially 1 - 2 times per month)
- Has a strong passion for Missions and reaching the lost - locally, nationally and internationally
- Delights to be with God's people: warm, welcoming, encouraging and relational
- Recognized as spiritually gifted in the position of Pastor-Teacher
- A minimum of 5 years in ministering the Word of God as an Assistant, Associate or Senior Pastor
- Leadership and administrative skills capable of shepherding what is likely to be a 1,000 member congregation within the next 5 years
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Responsible for developing and nurturing their ministry to young and middle aged families, emphasizing discipleship, evangelism and men’s ministries
- Responsible for coming alongside the Senior Pastor to support existing ministries and accomplish a seamless transition to Senior Pastor/Head of Staff responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop staff and leaders within the church while initially leading from the “second chair”
- Focused and strong commitment to shepherding the flock
TCC transitioned to the Evangelical Presbyterian Church in September of 2009. The congregation has regular Sunday A.M. worship attendance of 600 adults and 900 total on campus including children/students. Trinity Community has been blessed with significant growth in recent years, both in numbers and in spiritual maturity. The leadership of Trinity believes that when God’s people are taught well, brought into a right relationship with Him through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ and equipped properly for His kingdom work – they will have a natural desire to share Him with others. The Bible and the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will always be the foundation, the focus and fuel for all that is said and done at Trinity.
Trinity Community Church is located on 22 acres in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley, near the foothills just east of the City of Fresno. The surrounding community is suburban, located in close proximity to agricultural farmland, the Central California Coast, the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range, and Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. For more information about Trinity Community Church please go to www.trinitycc.com. If you believe God is calling you to explore the possibility of serving TCC in this current and future capacity, please submit a completed EPC Personal Information Form (PIF) or resume/CV to or by mail to Nathan Belknap, Trinity Community Church, 12168 N. Willow Ave., Clovis, CA 93619.
TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, PLYMOUTH, MI – seeks a full-time Assistant Pastor of Christian Formation & Community Life. This Pastor will work collaboratively with Trinity’s pastors and staff to proclaim the gospel, teach God’s Word and provide environments and experiences that nurture spiritual maturity and healthy community for people in all life and spiritual stages.
Trinity is a vibrant, passionate and generous church committed to teaching God’s Word and making disciples that experience intimacy with God, intentional community, inner transformation and opportunities to impact the world. Growing together and reaching out in love is their DNA! Their church of approximately 650 people in southeast Michigan is strategically located between Ann Arbor and metro Detroit.
Qualifications include the following:
Education- Seminary, ordained or ordainable in the EPC
Experience- Minimum 4 years in a church or para-church organization, including leadership of a significant ministry within the organization
Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with Trinity staff and key volunteer leaders to strategically implement the vision and mission of the church; to reach out in love to all people, inviting them on the fantastic journey of becoming a life-long follower of Jesus Christ
- In coordination with the Lead Pastor provide vision, leadership, oversight, strategic implementation and evaluation for all adult formation ministries including but not limited to Journey Groups, Discovery Groups, Sunday and Wednesday adult classes
- Assist Lead Pastor and worship director with sermon series, worship planning and implementation; preach 6x or more a year
- Provide consistent training, coaching, encouragement and appreciation for all community group leaders
Please visit www.trinityepc.org/#/new/employment for a full position description. Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to Briana Horlings, Administrative Director, at
WAREHOUSE 242, CHARLOTTE, NC - has a full-time position as Pastor of Community available.
The Pastor of Community is primarily responsible for creating a vision and structure for spiritual formation that stimulates leadership development and active participation in the life of the Warehouse community. Spiritual formation involves creating environments for their community to grow in love, and where deep spiritual friendships can be cultivated̶ friendships where others walk before, alongside and behind them. They believe that evangelism and discipleship are inextricably linked. As such, this position will be a champion for a missional community helping Warehouse grow in its desire to love God, each other, their neighbors, their city, and their world through active interaction with scripture, prayer, service and the classic spiritual disciplines.
The primary focus of this role will be in the care and development of their small group program and leadership development within the community.
More information can be found at www.warehouse242.org under the pastor search tab including the full job description and personal information form (PIF). Interested candidates should submit a resume and PIF to
No postings at this time.
BELLEVUE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, GAP, PA - is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries to assist in the pastoral and administrative services of their church and outreach to the larger community. This is a paid part-time position with a minimum of 20 hours per week. Duties will include administration of Sunday School, children’s educational programs, a midweek community outreach program and children’s events. For more information about the qualifications and responsibilities of this position visit the church's website at www.bellevueepc.org/dcm. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to
. Candidates should indicate in their initial e-mail that they have read and are in agreement with the EPC Essentials of Our Faith.
BETHANY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, MERCER, PA - is currently seeking a full-time Children and Youth Christian Education Director. This is a non-traditional, 40 hours/week position. Evenings and weekends will be required. You will be working with elementary aged children as well as junior/senior high students. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to Sunday School, camps, retreats, youth groups, after school programs, etc. All interested college graduates or non-ordained seminary graduates should send a resume to Bethany Presbyterian Church, 100 W. Venango Street, Mercer, PA 16137, Attn. Personnel Committee.
BETHEL EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, ENON VALLEY, PA - is seeking a part-time Worship Music Leader (approximately 10 hours per week).
Qualifications: Professing Christian with a mature faith, in agreement with Reformed Theology; musical training; experience with organizing and leading worship music teams of various ages and skill levels. The Music Leader will have a strong knowledge of both the classic hymns of the faith and contemporary hymns/songs for worship. This person knows how to worship and help draw others into the presence of the Lord. The salary range is dependent on experience, education, and abilities. Interested candidates should submit a resume to the Music Search Committee at
CEDAR SPRINGS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, KNOXVILLE, TN – has three Internship Opportunities in Student/College Ministries available to give those considering full-time vocational ministry, a structured two year opportunity to experience that ministry first-hand, discern their own calling and giftedness and to be trained and equipped for current and future Kingdom service. Interns will be accountable to and under the supervision of the Director of Student Ministries and a Mentor.
Responsibilities include: daily contact with students, active involvement in planning and running camps and retreats, summer mission trips, service projects and planning and leading weekly meetings and small groups. Time will be spent reading, studying, preparing for training and in ongoing administrative tasks in addition to weekly meetings with staff and mentor. A minimum 40 hours per week and two year commitment beginning in mid-August 2015 are required. This is a salaried position with medical and dental insurance provided.
Cedar Springs is a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church committed to worship and discipleship with a strong emphasis on missions. For more information about the church's student and college ministries, visit their website at www.cspc.net/thewatershed.
Send completed application forms to Lynn Buchanan, Ministry Assistant to Student Ministries, 9132 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37923. Contact Lynn (865) 291-5270 or e-mail
t. The deadline to submit applications is February 13, 2015.
CENTERPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH, ROSEVILLE, CA - is seeking a Director of Senior High Ministries. The purpose of the job is to create and direct a dynamic student ministry program that effectively ministers and reaches out to both churched and “unchurched” Senior High students. They are looking for an energetic Sr. High Director, who knows how to gather students and build leadership teams that can relationally minister to students, challenging them to become disciples who make other disciples.
This person will oversee the Senior High student functions in the church, planning and leading weekly, monthly and annual meetings and events. In addition, the development and equipping of student leaders will fall under the direction of this position. The Director of Senior High Ministries will serve to be a resource to students and their families. The Supervisor, Elders for Student Ministries and other Student Ministry Directors at Centerpoint will all serve to provide support and encouragement to the person in this position.
Job requirements for this position include:
- Be strongly committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Have a clear calling by God for high school ministry, and a passion for serving the Lord through teaching, discipling and reaching out to teenagers for Christ
- Have a proven effectiveness in program development, leadership development, growth and equipping of volunteers in working with students.
Centerpoint Community Church is an 1100 person multi-generational, EPC church located in the northern California city of Roseville, a suburb of Sacramento. Their Senior High ministry draws from 11 different area high schools, and has on-going relationships with the closest schools.
The complete job description is posted at www.centerpointroseville.org under the “About Us” tab. If you are interested in the position, or have questions, please contact Pastor Tony Stiff by email at
, or phone 916-782-3186.
CENTRAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, SAINT LOUIS, MO (EPC) - is searching for an Assistant Children's Ministry Director to help lead their children's ministry. They are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and teachable leader who has a passion for raising and reaching the next generation of God's people working particularly with ministry to preschool aged children. The Assistant Children's Ministry Director must have a deep and abiding love for Christ, children, families, the Church and be able to teach the gospel. The candidate must have a background in education or children's ministry. This paid, full-time position will require a multi-year commitment. If this position interests you, please send your resume to Central’s Children’s Ministry Administrator, Jenny Zulauf, at .
CENTRAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, ST. LOUIS, MO –Student Central (the ministry to youth in grades 7-12 and their families at Central Presbyterian Church) is looking for a full-time Student Ministry Coordinator/Administrative Support to help them fulfill their vision of partnering with parents to bring students to spiritual maturity through intentional relationships and excellent programming. This position is primarily one of relational ministry, with programmatic responsibilities to both Junior and Senior High students, but the specific relational emphasis is on one or the other. The position also has some administrative requirements, which circle around the communication needs to students, parents, and the church.
- create and foster discipleship relationship with students
- collaborative team environment and reports to the Director of Student Ministries
- weekly input and leadership in programming, and to foster an environment in which students desire to be
- organize and conduct frequent events and outings
- the position carries around 10 hours of administrative responsibilities, primarily revolving around communication (website management, weekly e-mail to parents, event mailers, point of contact for phone and email)
- ministry is a lifestyle, not a job, mentality and approach
- a passion for people and God’s Word, which means establishing a presence and investing your life in the lives of young people, their friends, and their families
- a bachelor’s degree; previous ministry experience is not required, but preferred
- a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
- the administrative support piece does not require a proficiency, but does require organizational skills and the ability to learn quickly
- three character references
This is a salaried position that includes health benefits, with long-term expectations. For a more detailed job description, or to submit a résumé (along with three references), please e-mail Jeremy Blythe ( ) or send by mail to Student Central (Central Presbyterian Church), 7700 Davis Dr., St. Louis, MO 63105. For more information about the ministry, view their website at www.studentcentralstl.com.
CHAPEL HILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, GIG HARBOR, WA - is seeking a part-time Director of Counseling Services (32 hours per week). This position oversees all counseling ministries provided to the church and the community. As a support function, Counseling Services interacts with multiple levels of staff in the organization and therefore requires a high degree of collaboration and team work. Together with their team, ensures that counseling services are available to meet the needs of the other ministry programs and the congregation and community. Visit the employment page of the church website to apply.
- Oversees all aspects of the Counseling Services at Chapel Hill
- Oversees/provides Lay Counseling Training Program (weekly for 9 months)
- Mentors and supports Lay Counseling Supervisors
- Attends each Lay Counseling Supervision group at least monthly
- Provides continuing education for Supervisors and Counselors at least quarterly; coordinates with Celebrate Recovery in providing education
- Actively participates on the Renewal Team
- Provides Premarital Mentoring coordination to new couples including the program schedule, inventory, etc.
- Coordinates assignment of mentors to new couples; confers with Pastor as needed
- Oversees implementation of marriage programs (Ex. How We Love; Celebrate Marriage; Jump Start)
- Available for counseling as needed
- Engaged with Celebrate Recovery; attend CR minimum one time/quarter
- Assist in providing input as a conduit between Counseling Ministries and CR in conjunction with CR leader to Pastor of Renewal Ministries
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and a theology consistent with the mission of Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church
- Deep love for God and His people
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to be flexible within guidelines and processes and also maintain attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects, often with tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook
Education and Training
- MA in Counseling or related field preferred
- Counseling experience
CHRIST CHURCH EPC, ANDERSON, SC - is seeking a full-time Youth Minister to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ with their life. Of equal importance is to assist parents or guardians in raising their teenagers to spiritual maturity.
- Must be a born again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ
- Must be a graduate or fourth year student of a Bible college or Christian liberal arts college with a degree in theology, Christian Education or Youth Ministry; a thorough knowledge of the Bible is essential
- Must embrace the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the ministry of the gifts in the church as taught in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 and Ephesians 4:11-13
- Must have a desire for evangelism among the teens
- Must subscribe to the doctrine and discipline of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Sunday morning youth class and Wednesday night youth meeting
- Organize monthly youth events
- Cultivate a value for evangelism and plan outreach events
- Participate in worship services when requested
- Attend all worship services and other events of the church as time allows
- Continue growth and development through conferences, reading and exchange of ideas with others
- Develop an adult youth staff of volunteers.
Christ Church EPC of Anderson, SC is a 28 year old congregation with 160 members in northwest South Carolina. Christ Church is a loving, encouraging and supportive congregation. Christ Church embraces Spirit-filled worship and the 5-fold ministry in the Church. Christ Church is a congregation that is unified on issues, committed to prayer and a tithing body of believers that values truthful doctrine.
Interested candidates please send your Personal Information Form (PIF) and other relevant materials to Dan Jackson at
CLAYTON COMMUNITY CHURCH, CLAYTON, CA - a suburban church located in the San Francisco East Bay area, they are looking for an experienced Youth Leader to direct their high school student ministry.
CCC is an established, 18 year-old church plant in Northern California with over 300 weekly attenders. They meet every Sunday at Diablo View Middle School and have a contemporary worship style with a major emphasis on reaching out to the non-churched throughout their valley. They are looking for a Spirit-led leader who loves Jesus and High Schoolers and has a passion for outreach.
For more information about this church, check out their website at www.claytoncc.com. The responsibilities of this position can be found in the complete job description. Interested applicants should send their resume to the search team chair, Steve Gustafson, at
. Applications are being accepted through February 17, 2015.
COLLEGE CORNER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, COLLEGE CORNER, OH – seeking a part-time (10 hours/week) Worship Leader to lead them into greater worship/freedom. Vocal and piano or guitar skills required. College Corner Presbyterian is a 135 member small town church located seven miles from Miami University in Oxford, OH. It is an inter-generational congregation with blended worship styles. For more information contact Jason Bantz at (513) 839-0546.
COLONIAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (EPC), KANSAS CITY, MO – a growing evangelical church with a multi-site ministry in Missouri and Kansas is seeking a part-time Elementary Administrator that would reside at the Wornall/Kansas City campus.
Operating from a simple church model that’s focus is to ENCOUNTER GOD, GROW WITH OTHERS and IMPACT PEOPLE, Colonial is committed to helping believers become passionate, selfless followers of Christ.
Colonial Presbyterian Church has an immediate opening for a part-time Elementary Administrator to provide Sunday morning programming. Through this critical role, alongside the Director of Children’s Ministry and in partnership with parents, the growth of 1st through 5th graders will be positively impacted. Applicants must have a desire to work with children and possess strong people and organizational skills. Computer and internet literacy is required. Please review the job description for a complete list of essential duties and job specifications available at www.colonialkc.org/#/community/employment. Interested parties please submit your resume and employment application to Brooke Hodnefield, Director of Human Resources, at
COMMUNITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF OMAK, WA - is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries. CPC Omak is community-based, small-town church of about 110 members that is seeking to reach out with the Gospel of Jesus Christ (see more at www.cpcomak.org). They currently have a growing youth ministry that is in need of leadership as they seek to further reach youth in their community with the Good News of Jesus Christ. CPC is seeking a person who will build relationships with youth inside and outside of the church, will lead a weekly gathering and work with dedicated volunteers to serve God and the community.
The Director of Youth Ministries will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, someone who prays as a first resort, a good communicator and dedicated to the growth of the Kingdom of God amongst youth in the valley.
For a complete job description, please e-mail the church secretary, Becky, at
. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume as well as speaking with Pastor Bill, who can be reached at 509-826-1290.
EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF LONGVIEW, TX - is seeking a Director of Children's Ministries to take their Children's Ministry to an exciting new level in reaching churched and unchurched kids with the love and grace of Jesus. If you are an experienced leader of Bible-based children's ministries who loves Jesus and children, is passionate about guiding kids to worship the living God as part of the body of Christ, and has successfully equipped adults to lead children to grow in faith and works, then EPC Longview wants to talk with you!
EPC Longview's existing nursery through 5th grade programs currently consist of Children's Sunday School, Nursery, Pioneer Clubs, VBS and Special events held throughout the year. They are looking for a candidate having a bachelor’s degree, preferably 3 years’ experience with children, strong communication and administrative skills, is team-oriented and a self-starting person.
Evangelical Presbyterian Church Longview is a multigenerational congregation of 350+ members in northeast Texas. They are grounded in Reformed theology and have a strong commitment to God's church. Longview is a city of over eighty thousand people and considered to be a great place to raise a family.
For more information about Evangelical Presbyterian Church Longview please visit their website at www.epclongview.org. Interested applicants should note the job consists of 35 hours per week, competitive salary and no benefits included at this time. Applicants please direct their Personal Information form (PIF) to Terrye Hudson, Director of Children's Ministry Search Committee Chairperson at
or by mail to: Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Longview, 3800 Judson Road, Longview, TX 75605, Attention: Terrye Hudson.
EVERGREEN CHURCH, GRAHAM, WA – is seeking a part-time Choir Director to assist in leading the congregation in the worship of Lord God through musical numbers sung by the Evergreen Choir. The Choir Director at Evergreen Church is a worship leader, and as such, will be a born-again Christian, evangelical in their theology and exhibit a heart for worship. The Pastor is responsible for planning and coordinating worship. The Choir Director will answer to the Pastor in regards to when the choir will sing, the songs/anthems that will be sung and when the choir will practice/rehearse. Evergreen’s pianist will assist the choir in their practices but will not accompany the choir in worship. The choir will sing with CD/DVD accompaniment in worship. The choir will use songs and their accompaniment already in Evergreen’s music library for the 2014-2015 school year, unless agreed upon by the pastor and church Session.
For more information regarding the duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this position, view the complete position description.
Interested applicants should contact Lance Williamson, Pastor, at cell phone (253) 312-1371 or e-mail
EVERGREEN CHURCH, GRAHAM, WA – is seeking a part-time Middle School and High School Youth Group Leader to direct and lead youth programming to foster Christian community through building relationship with young people, introduce students to Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, foster their growth in faith in Jesus Christ and their commitment to the church.
For more information regarding the duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this position, view the complete position description.
Interested applicants should contact Lance Williamson, Pastor, at cell phone (253) 312-1371 or e-mail
FAITH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, MCDONOUGH, GA (located about 45 minutes south of Atlanta) - is seeking a part-time Worship (Music) Leader (approximately 12-15 hours/week). Their desire is that their worship service will combine the classic hymns of faith with more contemporary hymns/songs that convey rich theology. The Worship Leader will select worship and choral music, direct weekly choir practice, help cultivate instrumentalists and soloists and lead the music portions of the worship service. He/she must have a strong knowledge of both traditional and more contemporary music for worship (i.e. Gettys, Sovereign Grace Music, Indelible Grace Music). The Worship Leader will lead in singing and ideally play an instrument. This person must have a mature faith, be in agreement with Reformed theology and see themselves not as a performer but as a prompter who knows how to worship and help draw others into the presence of the Lord.
The salary range for this position is $14,000 -- $16,000 depending on experience, education and abilities. For a full job description, visit the church website at www.faithpresbyterianepc.org. Interested candidates should submit a resume to Mr. Mark McClelland at
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF BAKERSTOWN, BAKERSTOWN, PA - is currently seeking a part-time Children’s Ministry Assistant to work as a team with the Director of Christian Education, to nurture the children of their church and community in the love and truth of Jesus Christ, to foster in them a desire to follow and obey Christ and to give them a solid biblical foundation upon which they can make faithful choices for the rest of their lives. Sample job responsibilities include: be present on Sunday mornings, casting vision for future programs, recruiting and training volunteers, parent communication and administration. This is a part-time position with an average of 20 hours per week.
For more information, send resume or questions to Sandy Floyd: .
To find out more about First Presbyterian Church of Bakerstown visit their website at www.fpcb.org.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF BAKERSTOWN, BAKERSTOWN, PA - is currently seeking a part-time Youth Ministry Assistant to provide evangelism outreach to the community around them, by specifically building relationships with middle school students, high school students and their families. The Youth Ministry Assistant will work with the Assistant Pastor to create an environment of gospel-centered teaching for the purpose of spiritual growth and discipleship. Sample job responsibilities include: be present on Sunday mornings, facilitate Junior High Youth Group, assist with Senior High Youth Group and assist with retreats or Mission projects. This is a part-time position with an average of 20 hours per week.
For more information, send resume or questions to Jeremy Collins: .
To find out more about First Presbyterian Church of Bakerstown visit their website at www.fpcb.org.
GREENTREE COMMUNITY CHURCH, KIRKWOOD, MO – a scenic community just west of St. Louis, is seeking an Assistant Pastor/Cares Ministry whose primary responsibility will be to oversee Greentree’s care-related ministries. These include the HELPS ministry, Stephen Ministry, Deacons, hospitalization care and various support groups like Griefshare, Divorce Care and Freed Up Financial Living. The mission of Greentree Community Church is to “grow disciples, renew communities, and plant churches.” Over 400 attend services each week. In August 2015, Greentree will move into a new church home in the heart of Kirkwood, which will allow for continued growth and provide a permanent home for Greentree’s staff and its multiple ministries that meet throughout the week.
- Serving as primary pastor for hospital, sick and shut-in ministry
- Overseeing all aspects of the existing care ministries, including Stephen Ministry, Divorce Care and Freed up Financial Living
- Developing other care-related ministries as needed
- Overseeing and supporting the Greentree Deacons
- Providing pastoral counseling
- Conducting weddings and funerals as requested by Greentree members
- Teaching and preaching periodically
- Developing men’s Bible study and small groups
- Attending Greentree services and being available before and after services
- Participating in Presbytery and General Assembly meetings of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Complying with established church policies and procedures as well as applicable federal and state laws
- Fulfilling other responsibilities as necessary
- Being a growing disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, committed to biblical authority in all areas of life
- Having at least 10 years of experience in related pastoral care and/or counseling duties, preferably with a Master of Divinity and/or Master in Counseling degree; ordination is helpful, but not required
- Being able to identify past successes in planning and implementing care giving programs
- Being a team player with a strong ability to build relationships with the staff and members of the congregation
For more information view the complete position description. Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to Diana Simonpietri at
or by mail to Greentree Community Church, 132 East Monroe, Kirkwood, MO 63122. 314-909-9197.
HERITAGE EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IN THE ORCUTT AREA OF SANTA MARIA, CA - is currently seeking a paid full-time Outreach Coordinator to help reach their community with the gospel. Heritage is a small church with a desire to be more effective in making an impact for God’s kingdom in the Santa Maria Valley.
Only about ten percent of the local community is in worship on any given Sunday morning, so there is great potential to reach many unchurched and formerly churched people with the gospel. This would be the coordinator’s full-time job, along with occasional preaching and abundant teaching opportunities in training the current congregation in outreach techniques and skills.
The coordinator would be responsible for going into the community, building relationships, and inviting people to become dedicated followers of Jesus Christ. Strong evangelistic gifts and people skills would be required. This position would be an ideal place to hone church planting and/or evangelistic skills while under the covering of a supportive local congregation with a thirty-one year history in the EPC. This position is currently being offered as a one-year term that could also be a great opportunity for a seminary internship, especially for someone interested in pursuing a position in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Potential candidates please send résumé and cover letter addressed to the Clerk of Session at
(electronic copies, please). Information about the Santa Maria Valley and their community is available at www.santamaria.com. Learn more about Heritage at www.HeritageEPC.org.
HOPE CHURCH, RICHMOND VA - is seeking to fill 4 full-time Praxis residency positions starting August 2014 and ending June 2015. These positions are full-time internships designed for talented, highly capable individuals who plan to serve in vocational ministry and feel called to the local church. Residents will spend 10 months in a structured learning environment that will sharpen and equip them for a life-time of catalytic ministry
- Seminary degree or college degree combined with ministry experience, either paid or volunteer
- A growing relationship with Christ
- Commitment to Hope’s vision and mission
- Team player with a heart to serve
- Some ministry or seminary experience preferred (varies by department)
- Ability to flex with a fast-paced, dynamic environment
To apply, please visit www.hopecentral.com/praxis for further information and for application instructions.
IMMANUEL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (EPC), WARRENVILLE, IL - is seeking a part-time Minister to Children and Families to come alongside parents to shape and nurture the faith of their covenant children, with the goal of bringing them to full maturity in the faith and familiarity with redemption and grace as given in God’s Word. Working 25 hours per week, the Children’s Minister primarily focuses on coordinating children’s ministry programs, equipping volunteers and encouraging parents in their role as shepherds. If you are a committed Christian, supportive of Immanuel’s Reformed heritage, enthusiastic about the spiritual formation of children and have either a degree in education (or related field) or experience in children’s ministry, the committee welcomes your resume ( .
Immanuel’s current ministry to approximately 50 children (birth through fifth grade) includes nursery, Children in Worship, Sunday school, Pioneer Clubs, VBS, membership preparation class and occasional special events. The program involves a wide range of volunteers, in keeping with Immanuel’s intergenerational sense of community and interdependence.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church is a lively fellowship of believers committed to joyful worship, resolute fellowship, transformative learning, loving service and spirited mission, reaching out locally and around the world. Warrenville is a western suburb of Chicago, adjacent to Naperville and Wheaton. Check out the church’s website, which includes a full job description for this position, at www.immanuelpresbyterian.net.
KEMPSVILLE EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – a vibrant, multi-generational, charismatic church of 600 is seeking a dynamic Director of Worship. KPC values a God-centered, passionate and celebrative style of worship that includes traditional (hymns, creeds, readings, words from the congregation), contemporary (new music, arts, banners, dance) and creative styles of worship that glorify Christ.
The Director of Worship will be responsible for overseeing and providing vision, direction and leadership for a congregational ministry that facilitates the worship of God and the greater ministry of the church. The ideal candidate will be gifted in leading worship, possess people management and motivational skills and have the ability to develop diverse volunteer ministry teams, work as a team player and be a good listener. As a ministry leader, the Director will be responsible for the spiritual wellbeing of the ministry teams within the Worship Department. The candidate should shepherd with humility, while exhibiting the spiritual gifts of encouragement and faith.
A bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts with extensive experience in conducting either/or choirs, orchestras, praise bands and expressive ministry arts is required. Ordination in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church is beneficial.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes and salary expectations to: .
Kempsville Presbyterian Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MEBANE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, MEBANE, NC - is seeking an energetic, spirit filled full-time Director of Christian Education/Youth to help nurture their children in the Christian walk in a winsome way and to guide their program development for youth and adults.
The church is a mid-sized Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) of 200 members located on the main street of an historic, growing town of approximately 12,000. Centrally located between Raleigh and Greensboro along the I-40/85 corridor, the area offers a wide variety of opportunities from sports to academics to culture, and easy access to Raleigh, Charlotte, the beach and the mountains!
The goal of Mebane Presbyterian Church is to offer the community a powerful Christ-centered church that will reach out in discipleship. This 146 year old body of Christ is finding a re-birth of joy and enthusiasm as they are just entering the EPC with dedicated members who are determined to serve God by the power of the Holy Spirit.
For more information about Mebane Presbyterian Church, visit their website at www.mebanepresbyterian.org.
Resumes should be emailed to
NORTH PARK EPC, WEXFORD, PA – is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries to start as soon as possible. Responsibilities include overseeing a student ministry for those in grades 6-12. Salary to be determined based on experience and gifting. Benefits are available as well. Ordination in the EPC is desirable but not essential. See church web-site at www.northparkepc.org for more information about the church and a full job description. Interested candidates should send a resume with family picture to .
REYNOLDA CHURCH, WINSTON-SALEM, NC – a church that will soon have multiple campuses throughout the Piedmont-Triad area of North Carolina is searching for Venue Worship Leaders at two campuses.
The Venue Worship Leader is each campus’ lead artist, musician and technician. As lead artist, this person will not only grow in and use his own artistic abilities to lead the artistic worship life of each campus, but will also recruit and reproduce more and better artists to do likewise. As lead musician, this person will recruit, train, coordinate and lead musical teams to direct corporate musical worship. As lead technician, this person will provide oversight of all of the campus’ technological aspirations, needs and issues. This will require recruiting, training and leading technological teams. Above all and in all of these roles, this person will demonstrate a deep love for Jesus Christ and the worship life of His people.
If you are interested, please submit a resume, statement on your philosophy of worship and worship audio/video to .
SIERRA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, NEVADA CITY, CA - is looking for a Worship Arts Assistant. They are looking for a strong Christian who is an experienced musician (instrumental and vocal) and is skilled in leading and performing contemporary Christian music. This person will be involved in developing contemporary and creative worship ideas and in the planning, preparing and leading of worship services along with pastors, staff and volunteer leaders. For more information, please view the Position Description.
If you are interested in applying for this position, contact Pastor Mike Griffin at 530-265-3291.
VENICE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, MCDONALD, PA – located in the southwestern suburbs of Pittsburgh is seeking a person to fill the position of Music Director (part-time, approx. 15 hours/week).
The person filling this position will be expected to oversee the music ministry in both weekly worship services, traditional and non-traditional. This person must have excellent keyboard skills and the ability to lead a traditional choir as well as other musical ensembles. An authentic saving relationship with Jesus Christ is essential. An understanding of and ability to work within a Reformed theological context is important.
For more inforamtion view the full position description. To submit a resume, please contact Rev. Gary Chorpenning at .
NATIONAL OFFICE OF THE EVANGELICAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, LIVONIA, MI - is seeking an Office Assistant. The position is part-time (average 20 hours per week, up to 28 hours per week seasonally as needed). Main responsibilities include facilitating the work of several denominational committees, data entry and digital archiving of documents. Qualifications include competence using Microsoft Office software with advanced skills in Microsoft Word; competence using database systems, high aptitude for learning new software applications, excellent people and organizational skills, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and full agreement with the Essentials of Our Faith. For more information, see the full position description. Send inquiries and resumes to Della Cullins at
ALL SAINTS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, AUSTIN, TX - is looking for a full time Children's Ministry Director. Find a complete job description and additional information at www.allsaintsaustin.org/jobs. All inquiries and resumes should be sent to
BETHEL REFORMED CHURCH (RCA), APLINGTON, IA - a rural congregation with many young families, they are seeking to develop a regional ministry of outreach for Christ. This new staff position is for a full-time, non-ordained person who will develop ministries of worship and small groups. Previous experience in developing such ministries is preferred. To inquire or send a resume, please e-mail Pastor Scott at
COMMUNITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF BIG BAY, MI – seeks a part-time Pastor to:
- Lead corporate worship/Sacraments
- Preach and teach the Word of God
- Perform hospital and home visitation
- Provide outreach ministry
- Improve youth programs
- Enrich congregational fellowship
Big Bay is a small resort community located near Marquette, Michigan. Situated on Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula, opportunities for recreation abound. Nearby are Northern Michigan University, a large state university, and a regional medical facility. This church desires a strong leader who will help them grow in size and spiritual maturity. Visit their website at www.bigbaypresbyterian.wordpress.com for more information or contact Louise Wilcox at 906-235-0231 or .
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, MANASQUAN, NJ – is seeking a full-time, salaried Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries to build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to children and youth ministry (grades K-12) in the areas of relationship building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is preferable. Compensation will be based on experience and individual gifts. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the Bible, and the ability to teach biblical truths that are relevant to the youth of the church and community. For more information or to apply for this position, send a resume to Derek Ferwerda at
FIRST REFORMED CHURCH, PELLA, IA - is looking for a full-time Contemporary Worship Leader who is committed to encouraging others in their Christian walk through worship. They are looking for a team player who has a heart for worship and the ability to recruit, train, and equip others as part of their worship teams. Candidate should be able to play guitar, keyboard, or both. Candidate would also be responsible for helping to develop additional worship ministries and services as directed by the Lead Pastor. Additional qualifications are listed below:
- Compelling relational skills
- Strong Technical knowledge
- Keen understanding of contemporary praise & worship music
- Effective ability to recruit other musicians
- Firm vocal and instrumental abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
More information about First Reformed Church is available on their website at www.frcpella.org.
Interested applicants should send their resume via e-mail to Lead Pastor Rev. Mike Herring at .
KIRK OF THE HILLS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, ST. LOUIS, MO – is seeking a full-time Student Ministry Director/Pastor who has a passion for teenagers. The Director will be responsible for helping students in 7th–12th grade to know Christ and grow in following him.
- Energetically pursue teens, influencing and discipling them in the gospel through relationships
- Provide development, administration, coordination and budgetary oversight for all phases of the Kirk Student Ministry, including:
- Weekly programming: Sunday School, Sunday Night Fellowship, Wednesday Night Discipleship Groups (small groups)
- Seasonal programming: retreats/conferences, service projects, mission trips, summer events
- Recruit, disciple, motivate and empower appropriate volunteers and paid interns (including Covenant Seminarians)
- Strive to unify students from different educational backgrounds and schools
- Help students think outwardly, seeking opportunities to draw students into and equip them for serving the needy and vulnerable
- Come alongside parents as a resource in the discipleship of their children
- Coordinate with other Kirk ministries to develop and promote opportunities for integration within the congregational body
- Report to an Associate Pastor and the elder-led Student Leadership Team and work closely with staff, Elders and Deacons and volunteers.
- Dependent on Jesus and aware of the steady process of growth in grace in their own life and story
- Well-developed philosophy of student ministry combined with commitment to continue learning alongside volunteers and interns
- Dedicated to teaching Reformed doctrine in an engaging way for contemporary suburban teenagers
- Family is fully on board with the call to student ministry. Wife, if married, is eager to participate at appropriate levels. Intentions of having an open home where students are welcomed regularly.
The Kirk of the Hills was founded in 1969 in the West County suburbs of St. Louis, MO. The Kirk is a warm family held together by Christ-centered preaching, teaching and fellowship. Their worship tastefully combines traditional and contemporary musical elements. Average weekly worship attendance is 500.
Applications are being accepted from both ordainable and non-ordainable candidates (college degree required). If you would like to apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter briefly expressing the reasons for your interest in this position to
SAFE HARBOR COMMUNITY CHURCH, FORT MYERS, FL - is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor to:
• Develop and Grow Their Young Family Ministry
• Share Preaching Responsibilities
• Lead and Develop Small Group Ministries
• Facilitate Community Outreach
Safe Harbor is a non-denominational (not anti-denominational) Reformed body of believers with a membership of 140 (adults and children). The church is open to the future possibility of affiliating with a Reformed body such as the EPC. They are looking for a candidate who would be willing to serve the congregation as a whole but focus on developing and growing their young family ministry. Candidate should be open to assuming a Senior Pastor position in 2-3 years. Safe Harbor is an older congregation that is committed to reaching young families in their community. Candidate should be gifted in evangelism and preaching, with an appreciation of God-focused, grace-driven, traditional and contemporary worship. Prefer an M.Div. Send resumes to
ST. JOHN'S EVANGELICAL PROTESTANT CHURCH, CULLMAN, AL - is seeking a Youth Minister to use his/her skills to provide organizational and visionary leadership for junior and senior high students within the contexts of family life and the larger church's ministry.
- Envision, implement and oversee the youth ministry (activities, budgets, volunteers, etc.) at St. John's, working with the staff, parents and congregation to ensure fruitfulness
- Disciple the youth of the church and encourage parental involvement in their children's spiritual formation
- Develop relationships with youth and families of the church, serving as mentor, role model, friend and minister of the gospel
- Work within existing programming, including Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings, as well as innovatively exploring and creating other opportunities for youth discipleship, fellowship, service and worship
- Work with church youth to assist them in reaching out to un-churched friends and classmates
- Report to the Senior Pastor (or equivalent) and provide updates for the church council
- Work with personnel committee as requested.
- Faith: A mature commitment to Christ demonstrated through life and testimony; a demonstrable passion for and calling to youth ministry; an understanding of the personality and call of St. John's
- Skills: Organizational and oral and written communication skills needed, along with leadership (delegation, facilitation and recruiting) and teaching abilities
- Personal: energetic, pro-active, creative, goal-oriented, patient, kind, encouraging and positive, "knowing how and when to be a kid and when to be an adult"
- Interpersonal: engaging and able to initiate relationships with students
- Experience: Some experience with youth and/or church ministry preferred
- Education: Bachelor's Degree desired; formal ministry training preferred.
St. John's Evangelical Protestant Church is Cullman's oldest church, seeking to minister in the name of the Lord Jesus to contemporary needs. Belonging to the Evangelical Association of Reformed and Congregational Christian Churches (www.evangelicalassociation.org), St. John's practices congregational polity and affirms the authority of Scripture for Christian faith and practice. There is an openness to implement ancient and traditional practices in contemporary ways. A spiritual home for many community leaders, St. John's has much talent to be harnessed for Kingdom work. The membership of St. John's hails from all parts of the community, though they tend to be middle to upper-middle class.
Cullman is located an hour north of Birmingham and an hour south of Huntsville and is a growing community that cherishes its small-town atmosphere. The city boasts of a wonderful school system, while several opportunities for Christian education exist as well. Home to Wallace State Community College, several universities and Beeson Divinity School are also within commuting distance.
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume or DVD links to John Richter at
(phone: 256-734-0344 | fax: 256-734-0387).
ST. JOHN’S REFORMED CHURCH OF BUTLER, PA - is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to lead their people spiritually and preach sermons from God’s Word. He will visit those in the hospital or shut-in and counsel those with problems. He will participate in their Sunday School, youth and Vacation Bible School programs.
St. John’s Reformed Church is an independent church over 175 years old. They started as a German Reformed Church. They were at one time affiliated with the United Church of Christ denomination but have been independent since 1982. St. John’s follows the Heidelberg Catechism. They have an average attendance of 100 at Sunday services. The congregation is loving and supportive but needs a leader to help with growth and encourage young families.
Butler, Pennsylvania is a small town about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. The town has a good hospital and school district. It is a friendly town and is near parks for outdoor pastimes and near enough to Pittsburgh to enjoy city life as well.
Interested candidates must be ordained or eligible for ordination. For more information or to submit a resume contact the church at
or Bruce Ball at
THE KIRK OF NORTH CAROLINA, GREENSBORO, NC - is currently looking for the man God would provide to be their next Lead Pastor. They are a non-denomination Biblical, Evangelical church with Reformed and Covenantal roots. For more information, please view the comprehensive description of their ministry and the man they are looking for to lead their congregation.
Please contact the Pastoral Search Committee Co-Chair, Jeremy Goad, at
with any questions.
TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH, MARSHALL, TX - seeking a full-time Youth Minister. Trinity is a 400 member parish located in downtown Marshall with a growing population of children and youth. The church is searching for a Youth Minister who models respect, acceptance, a loving attitude, a connection to God and a listening ear for God and others. This person will serve youth (5th – 12th grades) and their families by building a team that works together to achieve the mission and goals of the youth ministry of the church (www.trinityepiscopalmarshall.org). This new staff member will also manage and lead the youth ministry program, provide pastoral care and participate regularly in Sunday morning worship.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting, energetic leader who is professional and passionate about youth ministry. The next Youth Minister should also be approachable, grounded in his or her faith and possess the desire to work alongside the rector, parish and parents to create a sustainable youth ministry. Qualifications include experience in youth ministry and a college degree.
UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF GREENVILLE TEXAS - seeking a part-time Youth Director. They are committed to their youth and are seeking a leader who can implement a youth ministry to reach their vision. This person should be fun and energetic and will work with a team of parents, volunteers and the Senior Pastor to create an exciting and welcoming faith community. Interested candidates should have a high school diploma at a minimum and be at least 21 years old. Click here for a complete position description.
Submit resumes by-e-mail to . Any questions can be directed to . They are proud to be a drug free employer and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Positions included on this website edition of the EPC Opportunity List are at the request of the church or agency. A complete list is distributed monthly to the Stated Clerks, Ministerial and Candidates Committee Chairmen of each Presbytery. EPC ministers and candidates under care may also receive the monthly distribution upon request to the Office of the Stated Clerk. If you would like to advertise an open position at your church, please e-mail a draft of your ad to or contact Carol Templin at for more information.