Ministry opportunities in the EPC are updated regularly on the electronic version of the EPC Opportunity List. Listings here are at the request of the church. A print version, with additional opportunities, is available to EPC Ministers and Candidates Under Care (to request a copy, contact the Office of the Stated Clerk.
Study Guides for Written Ordination Exams
- English Bible. Practice exams at http://www.whitneyhq.com/biblecontent/ are good study tools to diagnose content areas that need additional work.
- Theology, Sacraments, and Reformed Tradition
- Polity (not yet available)
Procedure Manual for Ministerial and Candidates Committees
The "Procedure Manual" brings to together Scriptural principles, the EPC Book of Order, the legislative actions of the General Assembly and standard practice relating to the ministry. The Manual also contains forms commonly used by presbytery committees.
It is a valuable reference tool for the desk and computer of presbytery Ministerial And Candidates Committee members and also for every EPC minister and church office.
Pastor Retreat Resources
Committee Commended Resources:
- Broom Tree Ministries - locations in western Michigan and southern Wisconsin. Retreats are free to accepted applicants.
- Quiet Waters - for a more intensive and intentional time with access to counselors, Quiet Waters in Denver comes highly recommended.
Other good places we know about:
- Elim Retreats - retreat site on the Michigan shoreline of Lake Huron
- Deer Ridge Ministries - retreats in northern Illinois
- Pastors Retreat Network - retreat sites in southern Wisconsin and east Texas
Andrew Jumper Scholarship Fund
The Andrew Jumper Scholarship Fund is available to EPC Candidates Under Care in the Master of Divinity Program at Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS). Scholarship recipients are expected to seek ministry positions within the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Applications are available from any RTS Admissions Office or RTS Deans of Students.
Moving discounts for EPC ministers/churches/staff
On file with United Van Lines is an agreement making special terms and discounts available to any EPC church, minister, or staff position. The agreement coordinated out of the Chattanooga office of Armstrong Relocation and Companies. To receive a free estimate, call 1-800-283-5814, and be sure to identify yourself as an ECP church, minister, or other staff position. You may also visit the website @ www.armstronglocalmovers.com where you may request an estimate on-line. In the notes section of the request form, please again identify your association with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Read more.