Attending the 2014 General Assembly meeting?Subscribe
Each year EPC folks from around the country and around the world gather to worship together, learn together, catch up with each other, make new connections, be spiritually refreshed, and do the business of the national church. For more details about the highlights below and for links to hotel reservations, see www.epc.org/2014ga.
Beginning April 1, you may register online at www.epcga.org. Brochures will soon be in the mail to ministers and Clerks of Session.
Tuesday, June 17 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- For current, prospective, and former military and institutional chaplains
Healthy Habits for a Sustainable Life and Ministry
Tuesday, June 17 - 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Mini-Conference to equip pastors, their spouses and ruling elders with the positive and practical resources they need to resist burnout and to thrive for a lifetime of family and ministry.
Tuesday, June 17
- 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm - Meet and Greet Reception
- 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm - Dinner and Program (Dr. Richard Alberta, Cornerstone EPC, Brighton Michigan speaking)
Assembly Workshop: Transformation
Wednesday, June 18
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Speaker: Bob Roberts, Founding and Senior Pastor of NorthWood Church near Dallas/Fort Worth. Bob's books include Glocalization, The Multiplying Church, and Real Time Connection: Linking Your Job with God’s Global Work
Bob's topics will be:
- Kingdom: Moving from Conversion to Transformation
- Disciple: Making Disciples for the World
- Society: Our Jobs as Our Primary Ministry
- Church: Multiplying Churches Out of Our Churches
Wednesday Evening Praise and Worship
7:30 - 9:00 pm
Guest Preacher: Dr. Tim Keller, founder and senior pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City. Dr. Keller’s books include the New York Times bestselling The Reason for God and The Prodigal God, as well as his recent books, Walking with God through Pain and Suffering, and Encounters with Jesus.
Thursday morning - 8:30 - 9:30 am
- Host Pastor John Wood Preaching
Thursday evening - 7:30 - 9:00 pm
- EPC World Outreach Director George Carey preaching
- Offering for the World Outreach Family Gathering
Friday morning - 8:30 - 9:45 am - Moderator's Service of Communion and Prayer
- Bill Dudley, Moderator of the 33rd General Assembly preaching
- Offering for Moderator's Scholarship Fund (to assist leaders of small churches to attend the Assembly)
Friday evening - 7:30 - 9:00 pm
- David Dwight, Hope Church (Richmond, VA) preaching
- Offering for the Medical Benevolence Fund
Saturday morning - 8:30 - 9:15 am
- Scott Bowen, First Presbyterian Church (Opelika, AL) preaching
Women In Ministry
Wednesday June 18
- 5:30 pm - 6:45 pm - EPC Women Leader's Dinner Reception
Thursday, June 19
- 11:00 am - 2:30 pm - Ministry Wives Luncheon
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm - REALation Reception
Friday, June 20
- 10:30 am - 1:15 pm - Women's TESS talks and Lunch
Thursday, June 19
- Noon - 1:30 pm - Networking Lunch
- 5:30 - 7:00 pm - Dinner and Discussion
Friday, June 20
- 7:00 - 8:30 am - Breakfast and Discussion
12 groups on a wide variety of ministry topics will meet on Thursday and Friday. Pick up your lunch and connect with others with similar ministry interests.
Friday, June 20 - 7:00 - 8:30 am
- Reformed Theological Seminary
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Children and Youth Programs
A wide range of programming is being planned by the host church including visits to the Knoxville Zoo and Splash Pad, Dollywood, and a mission project at World's Fair Park. More information.
Voting members of the Assembly will receive a Commissioner's Handbook either online or in print. Business sessions are held Thursday and Friday mornings and afternoons and Saturday morning, adjourning at about noon. All Commissioners are assigned to Standing Committees, which meet late Thursday afternoon. Recommendations coming to the floor first go through these committees.
Program registration opens online on April 1 at www.epcga.org. Everyone attending the General Assembly meeting is required to register.
Registration for voting commissioners
- Teaching Elders: All active members of Presbyteries are eligible to attend as voting members - no paperwork needed except your program registration online or by mail
- Ruling Elders: A two step process
Registration for all others
Complete program registration online or by mail from the Registration Brochure
All exhibitors must be pre-approved. Contact Sandy Milis for information.