Care and Retreat Resources for PastorsSubscribe
The statistics on pastor burnout and gifted people leaving the ministry are staggering. Contributing factors are numerous, but a major issue is pastors not taking sufficient time for their own physical and spiritual rest and refreshment.
>Pastors - consider taking time at one of the places devoted to serving those who serve.
>Congregational leaders - encourage your pastors to take a look at these resources and give them the gift of time to be refreshed. Both pastor and congregation will benefit.
Two "Committee Commended Resouces" of the EPC's Ministerial Vocation Committee:
- Broom Tree Ministries - Upcoming retreats for pastoral couples in April, July, August and October in western Michigan and southern Wisconsin.
- Quiet Waters - if you need a more intentional retreat with access to counselors, Quiet Waters in Colorado is highly recommended.
Other good places we know about:
- Elim Retreats - some openings in June at their retreat site on the Lake Huron Shoreline of Michigan
- Pastors Retreat Network - retreat sites in southern Wisconsin and east Texas
- Deer Ridge Ministries - numerous openings throughout the year in northern Illinois .
Have you participated in a retreat at one of these or a similar place? Leave a comment and let us know about it.