Presbytery of Rivers and Lakes ReportSubscribe
About 80 commissioners, guests and observers attended the January 27-28 meeting of Rivers and Lakes Presbytery at Faith Presbyterian Church in Quincy, Illinois. Highlights of the meeting included:
- In October 2011, Rivers and Lakes pastors had met on retreat. They concluded that many leaders new to the presbytery had endured difficult dismissal processes and were hurting. The focus of the Friday night worship and communion service focus on was on the forgiveness and healing that our Jesus can give.
- First Presbyterian Church, Princeville, Illinois (near Peoria) was received pending their dismissal from the PCUSA.
- Rick Marcy, pastor of a PCUSA church in Crivits, Wisconsin (about 50 miles north of Green Bay) was received pending his dismissal and the dismissal of his church.
- George Major, a retired minister who has been part of the Quincy congregation, was received as an associate member of the presbytery.
- EPC Assistant Stated Clerk Ed McCallum reported on developments at the national level of the EPC and previewed a networking conference for leaders of small churches he will lead March 28-30 at GracePoint in Dubuque, IA.
- Austin and Beverly McCaskill, the EPC World Outreach Mission Advancement Associates for Rivers and Lakes and Mid-America presbyteries gave an update on World Outreach and their ministry in Albania. Beverly’s offer to assist smaller congregations seeking help for their missions committees was well-received.